Mixing Pearl Lustre And Liquid For Airbrush??

Decorating By tenleysmommy Updated 23 Nov 2009 , 4:13pm by TexasSugar

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 2:06am
post #1 of 6

I know I have read this somewhere,but when my search will not work icon_confused.gif I was wondering how I can do this and if it is safe for my airbrush?Thanks,Stphanie

5 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 3:17am
post #2 of 6

Yes, it is safe...whether the pearl dust will clog your airbrush and force you to break it down to clean it is another matter. Cut the pearl dust with vodka and give it a try.

The worst thing that can happen is you have to clean the airbrush.

tenleysmommy Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 3:48am
post #3 of 6

Thanks!If it works it sure does open up some more luster colors I can use!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 5:11am
post #4 of 6

Or you can buy the americolor sheen airbrush colors, which I love! NO mixing, just open the bottle and use. icon_smile.gif

An FYI - when using the sheens or the luster dusts, you need to clean the airbrush about every 3 fills - that helps keep it from clogging.

tenleysmommy Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 12:06pm
post #5 of 6

[quote="Loucinda"]Or you can buy the americolor sheen airbrush colors, which I love! NO mixing, just open the bottle and use. icon_smile.gif

Now I just I feel silly icon_redface.gif Didnt even realize that was available.I think I might just run up to the cake store and buy me some icon_biggrin.gif Thanks a bunch

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 4:13pm
post #6 of 6

I mix everclear with my pearl and luster dust when airbrushing. Make a very thin liquid. You may have to go over it again, but your airbrush will like you better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%