Help!!!! I Have A Cake Due In 3 Hours....

Decorating By amyoungbl00d5 Updated 22 Nov 2009 , 1:24am by amyoungbl00d5

amyoungbl00d5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyoungbl00d5 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 13

HELP!!! I am doing a dino cake for a birthday...it's standing up..I made the head out of RKT but it's still too heavy. my head is squashing the cake. I took the head off and am chilling the cake again..it was soft..I had been working on it. What do I do the party isn't til tomorrow but I have to deliver in 3 hours. What do I do?

[/b]

12 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 8:25pm
post #2 of 13

Can you screw a dowel into the head?

Do you have any styrofoam you can cut and attach under the board so the dowel has something to stick into so it will stands up for yah???

I can't see your cake so it's easy for me to be thinking your cake looks a certain way when of course it looks quite different.

-K8memphis Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 13

Other brainstorm type ideas--I'm just tossing stuff out--

Can you put some rice krispies into your food procesor and make some more rkt with crushed rk? You can literally carve it but you're almost out of time to get it to set up too.

Do you have any candy clay?

Do you have a styrofoam ball? Or do you have styrofoam that you can carve a head out of?? It's so much lighter.

amyoungbl00d5 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 8:49pm
post #4 of 13

I have a dowl in the cake..I am hoping when the cake get cold again it hold the head. I don't have any styrofoam. I used RKT for the head..I thought it would be lighter.

amyoungbl00d5 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 9:00pm
post #5 of 13

I have a picture for you... icon_cry.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 9:01pm
post #6 of 13

Put a cardboard cake circle under the head where it comes in contact with the cake and put dowels in the cake to support it. You can't expect just cake to hold up the weight of a stand up dino head. I woudl also have a big dowel that extends from the cake board into the dino head to keep it from falling over. A picture of your cake would help, but these are my thoughts going by what I picture in my head.

amyoungbl00d5 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 9:02pm
post #7 of 13

the dino

FromScratch Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 9:04pm
post #8 of 13

I'm betting your image size is too big to attach here...

FromScratch Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 9:11pm
post #9 of 13

Is there anyway you can get her to agree to delivery tomorrow? I'm just thinking that if you chill the cake and all goes well, when it warms up it might have issues again. I'm so sorry you are having to go through the stress.

amyoungbl00d5 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 9:18pm
post #10 of 13

Yes my pic id too big...I could ask her if I could deliver tomorrow..It is warm and need to be cooled I have had it in the frig now for an hour but I am thinking it needs and over night chill before the head goes back on..but I am going to but a board on it.

-K8memphis Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 9:51pm
post #11 of 13

Chill a few hours then re-assemble it. Then chill it again.

It's 4PM here so I'm not sure what time it is where you're at but a few hours in there should be fine.

FromScratch Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 10:05pm
post #12 of 13

You can go to shrinkmypics.com if you need to shrink it down. I wish you luck with it all. You will figure out a way to get it to her and have it stay together... one thing we cakers are is resourceful.

amyoungbl00d5 Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 1:24am
post #13 of 13

Thank You for your advise. I called her and I will deliver it tomorrow and I already let her know the issue. She understands..and says they will take a pick right away and then take the head off right away. I will post a pick tomorrow..Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%