Should I Get The Large Or Small Cup Airbrush?

Decorating By PinkLisa Updated 23 Nov 2009 , 1:33pm by PinkLisa

PinkLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLisa Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 5:03pm
post #1 of 9

I've finally decided to get the KopyKake Airbrush. Should I get the large or small cup? Also, does the hose come with this? I'm not buying the compressor since my husband has one but don't know if I need to buy the connecting hose.. Thanks!

8 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 9

Get one with a cap/lid on the cup. icon_biggrin.gif

PinkLisa Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 9

I assume this is to prevent spilling? I hadn't noticed that option. Is there only certain brands that come with caps? Thanks for you inputicon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 5:30pm
post #4 of 9

I mean if you're careful it's not a problem--I have the no-cap one--and apparently I'm not super careful icon_biggrin.gif but I've learned to be. I've only seen the ones with lids being used elsewhere--they're probably the pricier ones.

You're fine with the KK one. The size of the small bowl is fine though for most cakes--you mix your colors in a separate container and just pour more juju in--no worries--often you use way less than a capful anyhow so in this case to me size doesn't matter.

PinkLisa Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 5:36pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks K8memphis -- I was thinking of going with the smaller cap once since it will likely be a bit lighter and easier to handle. Glad to know that size will be acceptable....

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 3:20am
post #6 of 9

small cup, you use literally drops at a time and its easy to put more in so there is no need for the bigger cup one or one with a lid for that matter.

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 3:50am
post #7 of 9

I have a big cup with a lid right now.

What I really want for Christmas, besides a new vehicle, is the small cup.

The big cup; from the get go takes more stuff in my brush. I shouldn't have to use alcohol with Amerimist, but I've found out that vodka helps when I only need a little bit.

The big cup is a huge PITA to clean. If there is any chance of color on the cup, it takes forever to get it out. This is coming from someone who actually wiped the cup out first.

HTH

Oh; BTW, I do love my airbrush.

When you get yours, just go wild and have fun. I'm in the process of redecorating. Since I have to prime the walls anyways.....

It's been good fun!

11cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
11cupcakes Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 4:33pm
post #8 of 9

I work with small cup without lid and like it.

PinkLisa Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 1:33pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks everyone for your help. I'm ordering the Kopykake small cup airbrush today!!! I cannot wait to get iticon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%