Dry Cake

Decorating By ailika Updated 21 Nov 2009 , 2:14am by cakenutz

ailika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailika Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 9

Hi all, I made a cake for hubby the cake had a great flavor which everyone loved but it was dry. I've done this cake before and it never came out so dry. I had also used some syrup that I made for it and it was still dry. Can anyone tell me why you think it was so dry?

8 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 8:15pm
post #2 of 9

Baked it to long, to much flour, or let it sit out unfrosted. There can't be to many more reasons.

Mike

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 8:19pm
post #3 of 9

Did you store it in the fridge? That can suck out some moisture

ailika Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 9

I think I over baked it a little & yes I did put it in fridge, but when I took it out of the pan it was nice & moist I iced it & then covered it with fondant. A few hours later I'm all excited about my cake & when it was cut I noticed it a little dry & then icon_cry.gif like I said everyone loved the flavor what a bummer

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 6:42pm
post #5 of 9

Refrigerating makes a cake seem dry. (it solidifies the fats which makes your mouth think it is dry) Next time let it come to room temperature before serving it.....that will help.

ailika Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 9:58pm
post #6 of 9

Thank you all for your advice, yes I put it in the fridge as soon as I took out of the oven thinking it would cool off quicker hee hee everyday I learn something new. icon_lol.gif

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 10:26pm
post #7 of 9

if the cake isnt wrapped or covered fully in icing (and on a board to cover the bottom) it will dry the cake out.
once iced thats not a problem, but most cakes need to be at room temp.
xx

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 2:09am
post #8 of 9

I have always found that if you freeze a cake, even overnight, it is much moister.

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 2:14am
post #9 of 9

Right a fridge stays frost free by sucking out all the moisture in it. I like to wrap my cakes after I take them out of pan and put in freezer they seem to be very moist when thawed. I leaved them wrapped to thaw also IMO I HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%