Any Bakers Out Here In Chicago, Illinois Area?

Lounge By BecuzImAGurl Updated 24 Nov 2009 , 10:56pm by BecuzImAGurl

BecuzImAGurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BecuzImAGurl Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 7:54pm
post #1 of 12

I'm a newbie at cake baking and decorating...but I wanted to find people near me so maybe we can start a bakers group or something.
I think it will be fun to have people that shares the same interest. I also have been trying to find some people for a while because I had thought about having bake sales to raise money to help hungry kids and the needy just in time for Thanksgiving but its so close to Thanksgiving and I havent found anyone to help

11 replies
cheesecakekathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheesecakekathy Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 1:43am
post #2 of 12

helo becuzimagurl, Well Im from Chicago - but i now live across the state line. I will be in Chicago but not sure what day. Ihope you can find some help. I would love to have helped. I will pray that you'll find the help you need.

BecuzImAGurl Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 12

thank you so much..^-^

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 6:33am
post #4 of 12

Hey there

I'm in Evanston, is that close enough icon_lol.gif

BecuzImAGurl Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 8:50am
post #5 of 12

Yes!...You are cake hobbyist? and you come down to chicago alot?

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 1:47pm
post #6 of 12

Hi,

I'm in Darien, but I honestly don't come into Chicago that much. I'll actually be there Friday, though, to see the Macy's windows. I may also be on the outskirts of Chicago on Saturday to visit an awesome-sounding cake store that I found online. It's by Midway Airport.

Julie

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 3:01pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

Hi,

I'm in Darien, but I honestly don't come into Chicago that much. I'll actually be there Friday, though, to see the Macy's windows. I may also be on the outskirts of Chicago on Saturday to visit an awesome-sounding cake store that I found online. It's by Midway Airport.

Julie

It really brought me down to see "Macy's windows". I was born and raised in Chicago and cannot stomach how Macy's unceremoniously slapped their name over a Chicago landmark.

Oh well. One day all of us old Fields' loyalists will die off and Macy's can live on in peace.

That said... I hope you have a good time downtown! icon_smile.gif

nannie Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 3:24pm
post #8 of 12

Amen

Marshall Fields forever icon_lol.gif

Julie, what is the name of the store?

BecuzImAGurl where in Chicago are you?

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 7:45pm
post #9 of 12

Here's the info about the store. I can hardly wait to go!!!

Lori's Cakewalk Chicago
1741 W. 99th Street
Chicago, Illinois 60643
Across from Blue Moon Coffeehouse... just East of the Metra tracks
773-233-7335
email - [email protected]

nannie Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 7:58pm
post #10 of 12

I've been there. I got my dummy cake for ICES there. It's in a cute residential area right by the train station.

Be sure and take a list. icon_lol.gif

It is a small store (I guess I was expecting something bigger) but they have a lot of stuff and if you don't see what you want, ask cause they have more in back. I got some great GP cutters, some americolor and so interesting flavorings.

I'll be interested in hearing how your field trip goes.

BecuzImAGurl Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 10:53pm
post #11 of 12

nannie: i live in Bridgeport area...like 5-10 minutes from Chinatown...
JGMB: Heyyy!! I go there all the time! it takes me like about 20 - 30 minutes of a drive...they do have ALOT of things I cant find in a regular Micheals or so...but to me it's so expensive...cuz im a at-home-mom, but maybe it decently priced to you...
if you want to save the trip order from globalsugarart.com! they carry SO much stuff...
and for cake boards I buy from a restaurant depot like 100 for around $6-$10 depending on size...
Gosh I would love to have my own cake supply store hehehe...I would have everything at hand

Too bad none of you are near me...I would love to do some baking with you guys...tea parties would be so great in the summer too...

So when are you stopping by CakeWalk? I might go there to pick up some things too...

BecuzImAGurl Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 10:56pm
post #12 of 12

Oh make sure you call before you go!!! they might be closed for Thanksgiving...i think they will be open but make sure!! ^-^

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%