Gold And Chocolate Cake Balls

Decorating By Donnabugg Updated 20 Nov 2009 , 6:39pm by Donnabugg

Donnabugg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnabugg Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 7:06pm
post #1 of 7

Hi all. I want to make cake balls using my daughters school colors. I want to drizzle the cake balls with something colored in gold and black. Something that will harden up...any ideas?? Thanks!! icon_smile.gif

6 replies
backermeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
backermeister Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 7

You can use black candy melts or dark choc for better flavor and then luster dust with gold or apply gold flake (more expensive) once coating has dried

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 7:15pm
post #3 of 7

The only way I know to get shiny gold is luster dust, you could try coloring the chocolate yellow and then dust with the gold. I have dusted chocolate and even painted chocolate with lusterdust and vodka.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 7:32pm
post #4 of 7

I read on here where someone used gold dust, vodka or clear vanilla flavoring with a little piping gel added. Not sure if this would work on top of cake bites because you wouldn't be able to stack them as the deco on top more than likely would not dry. If you could put them in some candy cup liners and not stack them, this may work... just a thought icon_smile.gif

Donnabugg Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 2:54am
post #5 of 7

Thanks so far... I plan on putting them in little clear gift bags so I need to stack them. I thought about using gold luster dust but there's too many of them. Guess I'll have to ponder it some more thumbs_up.gif

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 3:21am
post #6 of 7

There is an edible gold leaf, but it is expensive. I doubt that you want to sink 41.00 into gold leaf sheets. If you do, check out this site and look for the edible gold leaf. www.goldleafcompany.com

Donnabugg Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 6:39pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you Jackie icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%