What Will Work Best???

Decorating By chefdot Updated 20 Nov 2009 , 10:54pm by niccicola

chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 2:05pm
post #1 of 10

I am doing cupcakes for a wedding this weekend and on top of the cupcake the bride wants a chocolate with the monogram put on it. I don't have a mold or anything, she gave me the chocolates she wants the actual monogram on so that's not an option. But I am worried that if I do regular icing that it might slide right off the chocolates. Wasn't sure if royal icing would stick well to the chocolate or if anyone else had a better idea on what I could use.
Thanks in advance! icon_surprised.gif)

9 replies
vagostino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vagostino Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 2:19pm
post #2 of 10

If you have to pipe in the chocolates that she already gave you I would think white chocolate. That way is chocolate on chocolate.

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 2:27pm
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagostino

If you have to pipe in the chocolates that she already gave you I would think white chocolate. That way is chocolate on chocolate.

I'd do the same.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 2:42pm
post #4 of 10

You can use RI, but the white chocolate is the much better option.

chefdot Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 10:21pm
post #5 of 10

I was thinking that too but I would think it wouldn't be thick enough to pipe with and end up spreading and not holding the script I need for the monogram? Is there a secret to making that work?

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 10:24pm
post #6 of 10

You would have to allow the white chocolate to cool to get it to the piping consistency you need. Chocolate rehardens the longer it's allowed to cool if you don't add anything else to it. It'll work. I've piped with chocolate many times.

chefdot Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 10:50pm
post #7 of 10

OK I will try it tonight... thanx! icon_surprised.gif)

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:21am
post #8 of 10

If you are worried about piping it onto the chocolates, maybe you could pipe it onto parchment first to practice. Or if they do well on parchment and you don't have a hard time removing them, maybe you could just use a drop of chocolate to glue the monogram onto the chocolates. Not to sure how that would look though.

ramacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramacake Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 7:07am
post #9 of 10

Definately the best thing would be to pipe the monograms out of chocolate. Whatever color that you think would be appropriate. You could use a piece of cardboard, or a cookie sheet or whatever you have that if flat. Put a layer of waxed paper over it and draw out whatever shape you are wanting. Then put in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or so, until they are firm. Then you can pick them up and attach them to the chocolates you are using, with more melted chocolate (same color). Chocolate acts as its own glue.

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 10:54pm
post #10 of 10

you could also use white/vanilla chocolate wafers. I buy them at AC Moore or Micheal's. The brand is Make 'n Mold.

Almond bark would be a good substitute, also. I get it at my grocery store, Kroger.

Just melt in the microwave, fill a parchment paper bag and pipe away!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%