Cc Not Suitable For Children???

Decorating By victorianne_sweets Updated 19 Nov 2009 , 7:19pm by veronica720

victorianne_sweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
victorianne_sweets Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:29pm
post #1 of 7

Seriously. My 7 yo dd is having a slumber party next week, so we decided to sit down together and look at pictures here on CC to get ideas for her cake. When we searched "slumber", 7 pages came up. We excitedly began scrolling through and discussing pictures.

Lo and behold, we came across a female anatomy cake. Uh oh. Not a good sign, but maybe an accident. NOPE! Three (yes THREE) detailed male anatomy cakes showed up!

People, PLEASE use the adult category! Do I really want to explain to my kid why there is "funny white stuff" on the tip of male anatomy cakes? Do I really want to explain to her WHY people like those type of cakes? No and no.

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! Check your category and post your pictures appropriately!!!

6 replies
cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:34pm
post #2 of 7

I think you should report this to a moderator, if you haven't done so already.
I just noticed that there is a "Report this photo" box under the pictures in the gallery. Maybe you can flag the photos that are in the wrong galleries.

turnerdmann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turnerdmann Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:41pm
post #3 of 7

If I am correct you can turn off access to naughty cake in your profile. If it is not turned off it will show up when you do a cake search, but if it is turned off no naughty cakes. At least this is how I understand it. icon_smile.gif

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:49pm
post #4 of 7

Sounds like your gallery access is set to allow viewing of the Naughty gallery. I just did a search for slumber. There were 6 pages of results, none of which were obscene.

To turn off access to the Naughty Gallery, you need to click the Galleries tab at the top of this page, scroll down to the section for Naughty cakes. There is a link there that says "This category is for adults ONLY. All albums/photos in this category will remained blocked unless you specifically click here to request access."

Click on the link to set your status as blocked.

victorianne_sweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
victorianne_sweets Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:54pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you for the speedy replies. I will try blocking and see what happens.

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:54pm
post #6 of 7

Juleebug is right I did the same search and saw the same images as you,when you clicked on them all were posted in the naughty section.Just follow pp directions and your problem will be solved and if you do happen to come across one of those pics that arent in the right category then please report it.

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 7:19pm
post #7 of 7

After reading this, I went to make sure mine blocked as well since my daughter likes to look at the cakes also.

It said that access WAS RESTRICTED UNLESS YOU CLICK HERE, so I left it. Then I went and typed in slumber and guess what all those naughty cakes came up also.

So I went back and requested access then turned it right back off and checked with slumber keyword again and now it is off, only 6 pages show up now instead of 7.

So just make sure it really is off.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%