Need Advice On Sugar Cookie Packaging And

Baking By pattycakes55d Updated 20 Nov 2009 , 4:54pm by luv2bake6

pattycakes55d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes55d Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 2:51am
post #1 of 7

what selections of cookies you offer. This is my first year with everything and I'd like to sell them this Xmas and need some guidance if possible.

Do you choose 5-7 shapes and that's what you make for everyone or do you have a theme/collection?

Do you give people a choice of colors if they want a blue theme or pink theme?

I want people to buy a min. dozen. If I put them in mugs, they usually only fit 5-6 - does that mean they have to buy 2?

What kind of packaging do you suggest is best for a dozen?

Any other advice I haven't thought about would sure be appreciated. Thanks.

6 replies
ksmith1012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ksmith1012 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 3:09am
post #2 of 7

I'm in the same boat. So here's a bump. icon_smile.gif

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 3:25am
post #3 of 7

Just my opinion but if you want people to buy a min of 12 then thats how they should be packaged. So either get bigger containers for your bouquets or charge more for the 5-7 cookie mug.

pattycakes55d Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 4:02am
post #4 of 7

would really like to hear from experts on what you do for your cookie bouquets?

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 2:42pm
post #5 of 7

I'm offering what's the client wants! lol
I've got 1 small corporative order. This one is in a round metallic case with window (a logo and mini snowflake, snowcap and mittens)
And two large corporative order. One of them is only 12 logo cookies per box (gable box), they want 3 differents flavors per box (20 boxes). The other one, I'm working on the "concept", they don't want a "christmas" theme... It will probably be cactus and logo cookie.. lol.. 50 boxes!!

And a few people asked for snowflake boxes. (I'm in a snowflake mood this year) I wrap then in cello bag with ribbon and then in a white gable box with ribbon.
I'll be soooooooo busy !! It's my first year as a business! I will need my mom and sister to work with me.. lol

pattycakes55d Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 8:18am
post #6 of 7

good going verono!!!

Not having done this before, I'm not sure what the each individual customer would like. I guess the best thing to do is choose some shapes/themes I like and put those up on facebook. Then let the customers tell me what they like/want. I thought that I would put an end date for placing orders, that way I know what I've got coming down.

In the meantime, I should start making the dough and baking some cookies to start.

I went and bought a few cute xmas containers and some beautiful gift bags that I thought would work nicely. I understand that I'd have to put something in the bag to weigh it down, but I think it'll work well. I picked some cute traditional themes and a couple that I came up with.

Pink is very popular so I picked up some plain pearly white 7" containers and will adorn the front with a xmas word spelled out in hot pink crystals. Along the top I'll have a white boa around the rim and the cookies will be decorated pink with white and a little green. It's quite girly. I'll do the same for the purple color. They should both look great I think. So I'll put them up as samples and see if they like them.

Sorry, I'm rambling on. Thank you for taking the time to answer me. Good luck this Xmas.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:54pm
post #7 of 7

That's great verano. Wish i could help you! Where do you get your containers and boxes?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%