Looking For Tastefull Ideas

Decorating By melmar02 Updated 19 Nov 2009 , 8:11pm by G_Cakes

melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 10:55pm
post #1 of 13

I have a co-worker that just came into some unexpected cash. She's giving half to her aging parents to supplement their retirement, putting a big chunk into savings, paying off all her debt... and getting breast enhancement surgery.

I would love to suprise her with a welcome back/congratulations cake, but I'm stumped. Anyone have any tastefull ideas? This cake won't be meant for consumption at work, but everyone always peeks when I bring one in.

12 replies
FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 13

Do you want it to be obvious that it's related to her surgery? Does she want everyone to know about it? I know that I wouldn't, but you never know... heheh.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 11:19pm
post #3 of 13

I made a cake to celebrate a friend's surgery. It was naughty so I won't go into detail, but you could do the same design but with the shirt more buttoned up if you thought your friend would like it.

The friend who I made the cake for loved it...she showed it to everyone in her office, plus the maintenance men, and sent pictures of it to everyone she knew icon_biggrin.gif

It's kind of obvious when someone has surgery, at least if they were small to begin with, so it's not like it would be a big secret.

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:00am
post #4 of 13

First thing that comes to mind when I think of enhancement surgery is "perky"...

So maybe you could do a cake of a coffee percolator....

not sure but hth

melmar02 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:03am
post #5 of 13

She's only telling a select few before the surgery, she said she wants to come back and everyone say WHOA! She's definitely one to celebrate this 'acheivement'. I was thinking along the lines of funny obvious - melons, door knockers, 'Welcome Home Girls' - but I didn't want to use cleavage.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:09am
post #6 of 13

the ladies held up by the guys in green

aka wearing a bra made out of $100 bills or similar

----

or if she's a fan of musicals and A Chorus Line in particular -- the "Dance 10, Looks 3" song could be an inspiration where after surgery it's Dance 10, Looks 10+

----

or... do a take on the "Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend" with "A Plastic Surgeon is THE Girls' Best Friend"

----

The only things that beat gravity and age -- money and a good plastic surgeon.

G_Cakes Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 3:49pm
post #7 of 13

Hmmm I always refer to mine as the twins, so maybe something along those lines

melmar02 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 5:39pm
post #8 of 13

Great ideas! Thanks for the help!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 6:08pm
post #9 of 13

I think you came up with a pretty punny idea! Decorate the base of a square or rectangle cake to look like double panel doors. Make the knobs huge or the door knockers hugen and have either a "Welcome Home Girls!" banner across the top of the door or as a Welcome mat at the bottom.

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 6:18pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

I think you came up with a pretty punny idea! Decorate the base of a square or rectangle cake to look like double panel doors. Make the knobs huge or the door knockers hugen and have either a "Welcome Home Girls!" banner across the top of the door or as a Welcome mat at the bottom.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

KKristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKristy Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 6:23pm
post #11 of 13

Love the door knockers - LMAO !!! Wish I had thought of that !

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 6:30pm
post #12 of 13

OMGosh, Sadsmile. LOVE the door idea.

You could also do a A-cup bra (just lingerie w/o boobies) as a "before" and a D-cup bra as an "after".

G_Cakes Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 8:11pm
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%