Edible Images On Cookies

Decorating By BeeBoos-8599_ Updated 18 Nov 2009 , 10:17pm by icingimages

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 5:18pm
post #1 of 7

Hi,
I am making sugar cookies this week and putting edible images of a large 30 on them. I have never used one (E.I's) before and wanted to get some input on what icing you would reccomend to put on the cookies prior to adding the images. I thought about using the cookie icing recipe that is in the wilton books. It goes on very smooth and dried firm (allmost like using color flow). If I use it should I apply the image immediately after putting the icing on and before it crusts? Any input would be appreciated. THANKS!

6 replies
linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 5:33pm
post #2 of 7

I use MMF and apply the ei with a little thinned corn syrup. You do not have to wait for the MMF to dry. Here is a sample done this way.
LL

ASimpleBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASimpleBaker Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 7

Wow those are nice..are the little candy swirls on the cookies part of the EI?

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 6:05pm
post #4 of 7

I should have mentioned that the client does not like fondant. I want to do a icing. Any other input?

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 6:14pm
post #5 of 7

ASimpleBaker - Thanks for your kind words. The swirls are made in the fondant by using tip #106. Just put it on your finger and press the tip into the fondant around the cookie.

BeeBoos-8599_ - Sorry your client doesn't like fondant, it is all I use. Maybe someone else will have some input about other icings.

ASimpleBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASimpleBaker Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 6:24pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you for sharing that! (sorry to hijack the thread) From the picture, the design loooked like a picture of the peppermint swirl candies..grin~~

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 10:17pm
post #7 of 7

You can use royal icing. Be sure it is thinned enough to put on with a paint brush. THen immediately put the image on and smooth it with your finger. Be sure your finger is dry or it will smear the image.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%