Colon Hydrotherapist Birthday Cake - Help

Decorating By Frangygirl Updated 23 Nov 2009 , 3:07am by sweetcravings

Frangygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frangygirl Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 20

Any ideas for a cake for a Colonic Nurse who's celebrating the end of 59 (as opposed to turning 60!)? Anything goes for this one.

19 replies
letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 4:15pm
post #2 of 20

This song might give you some inspiration:

Colorectal Surgeon Song

"Slavin' away in the heart of darkness, working where the sun don't shine." icon_biggrin.gif

Frangygirl Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 4:34pm
post #3 of 20

Ha ha, that's a great clip!! - thanks.

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 12:49am
post #4 of 20

I don't know, but my DH had part of his colon removed two months ago. His birthday was last month, and I was going to make him a colon shaped cake.

Somehow he didn't find that very amusing...

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 12:58am
post #5 of 20

Hmmm how 'bout one of those cakes shaped like a toliet bowl. I know she wouldn't flush the stuff she drains out into a toliet but it kinda goes along with her job..poop and all.lol ugh gross. Anyhow, there are lots of them in the gross cake category in the galleries.
If you didn't want to go with the toliet bowl how 'bout a basin with tubing etc..

Bunsen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bunsen Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 1:00am
post #6 of 20

Umm, perhaps something not related to her profession??

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 1:00am
post #7 of 20

What about a butt cake?

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 1:03am
post #8 of 20

I am not sure that always doing someone's job makes a great birthday cake.

Personally, I'd like a big flower cake for my birthday...or something I happen to like.

Unlike the cake challenges on t.v.....I would not want EVERYTHING I have ever had my finger in (pardon the pun) to be on my cake.

I mean...just because you are a secretary...do you want a desk cake? Or do you want a beautiful, thoughtful, flower cake cascading down a delicious creation?

And...just because my husband does HVAC....he doesn't want a furnace cake. But he loves to fish. Maybe a fish cake....maybe JUST a delicious chocolate ganache cake. Ya know?

I don't design a cake around their job....or around EVERYTHING they like. It gets cluttered and ugly. I have never understood that thought process from a design standpoint.

JMHO>

Frangygirl Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 1:56pm
post #9 of 20

Thanks for all your ideas, I think I'm gonna focus on an "end of 59" theme...............somehow?!

Afterall, she does see enough of poop and toilets all day long......

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 2:15pm
post #10 of 20

Since you've decided to go with the end of 59 theme...possibly a timeline of significant things that's happened in the last 59 years (maybe around the world....)...then, top it off with a ? or an oyster(like the world's your oyster...) or a box of chocolates (Forrest) ...a crystal ball featuring something hilarious but somewhat cloudy...

Frangygirl Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 2:22pm
post #11 of 20

all4cake - those are fantastic ideas, I like the oyster one, cause she's also going through a seperation.........

all4cake Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 2:29pm
post #12 of 20

could be somewhat vulgar(depending on how people take it)..."all the bad $#i+ is behind you now..." get it? $#i+....behind....

a hydrotherapist? is that who one sees for a colon cleansing....ugh( I just got lightheaded)

Frangygirl Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 2:39pm
post #13 of 20

LOL, how clever!! Thanks again. Yes, colon hydrotherapist's use filtered water to flush your colon. It's one of things in life where you either can't live without it or can't dream of ever doing it. I swear by it. It's also great for people who suffer from IBS. I actually talked my father into doing it once and he still hasn't forgiven me. icon_redface.gif

all4cake Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 3:09pm
post #14 of 20

LOL(I ain't gonna call anyone out...)BUT...someone I know does this annually...when I told by this person, I freaked out...."YOU DO THAT VOLUNTARILY???????!!!!!???" I wouldn't offer my butt up for such torture! nah uh...

Had a thought ...what if a subtle reference was made to her occupation...like a water setting....the timeline of stuff could be resting on dingies(sp?) and she's on a boat....heading toward the horizon..."smooth sailing from now on..." OSLT

sweetcravings Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 7:23pm
post #15 of 20

I saw a cake awhile back that had a large number 49 on it with a rope tied around it..also on the cake was an arm/fist holding that same rope. It said something like 49 and holding..
If i find the picture i'll post it. Just an idea.

sweetcravings Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 8:26pm
post #16 of 20

Here's a picture of a cake with a similar idea..
LL

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 9:08pm
post #17 of 20

I vote for flowers on the cake. Something pretty.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 9:17pm
post #18 of 20

Yeah... this is one instance where I'd say stay away from anything that has to do with her line of work... not that colonics isn't a wonderful profession, but sh!t and cake shouldn't mix (even if it's sugar sh!t icon_wink.gif)

Frangygirl Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 4:08pm
post #19 of 20

Thanks, yeah, I like all of these ideas!

sweetcravings Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 3:07am
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratch

Yeah... this is one instance where I'd say stay away from anything that has to do with her line of work... not that colonics isn't a wonderful profession, but sh!t and cake shouldn't mix (even if it's sugar sh!t icon_wink.gif)

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%