I Am So Hurt

Lounge By LaBellaFlor Updated 18 Nov 2009 , 5:03pm by LaBellaFlor

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 20

MY neighbor passed away yesterday morning. She was 99 and lived by herself, and she was the first one to Welcome us to the neighborhood. She fell a month ago and went to go stay with her daughter, who checked on her everyday by the way, to recuperate. We have been waiting for her to come back home, but she's not. She passed exactly a month from the day she fell. She had a great heart and raised her kids with that same considerate heart. I always admired how she grew up in the South during racial turbulent times, and didn't have a racist bone in her body. Some people have growen up that way, say they aren't racist, and they aren't but every now & then that upbringing comes out of them, Not my neighbor. She was all LOVE. And I know she was 99 & I know she lived a long, wonderful love, and I'm happy that she is with her husband now, but I still can't help but think of the plans we had in mind for 100 birthday coming this April. I don't even know how to explain this to my 8 year old who used to take her, her mail, & go talk to her when ever she was in the yard. I miss her a lot all ready.

19 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 20

My heart goes out to you, your family, and your friends family. She sounds like a wonderful person.

Mike

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 8:27pm
post #3 of 20

I'm so sorry for your loss. You will always have your memories.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 20

Oh, that is so sad. I'm sorry for your loss.

It sounds like she was an amazing woman, to be in good enough shape to be living alone at 99. She also sounds like a wonderful example and your kids are so lucky that they had the chance to know her.

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 8:33pm
post #5 of 20

I'm sorry for your loss. It is always hard losing someone, especially those you see everyday. Hopefully your son will understand and not take it too hard and realize she lived a long great life and is now with her husband.

My heart goes out to you and to your son and to her family.

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 8:42pm
post #6 of 20

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, I feel for your son also and her family. I will say a prayer.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 8:59pm
post #7 of 20

Sorry Bella....I remember you speaking of her in a past thread. It sounds like she touched your heart in a special way as I'm sure you touched hers too with your caring and thoughtful acts.

She's smiling down on you and your family now!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 9:06pm
post #8 of 20

It always hurts when a close relative or friend passes away.
Remember all the good things about her.
Of course you miss her because you know she is never coming back again but if she knew Jesus as her Savior she is in a much better place.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 9:21pm
post #9 of 20

Oh that is touching. My heart goes out to you and your kids!

LaBellaFlor Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 9:50pm
post #10 of 20

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the support. And your right Kakeladi, it's the fact that she's not coming back, and thats what we have been doing. Waiting for her to come home. And now shes never coming home, like ever??? I can't seem to wrap my mind around that. And yes, she was very much a Christian woman.

And Texas-Rose my husband & I used to also admire the fact that she lived by herself and took care of herself. I really feel for her daughter who used to visit her everyday. I remember we were talking about the Depression and she told us how her parents were about to get married, but lost all their wedding money as well as their savings to the banks.

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 10:00pm
post #11 of 20

I can so totally relate to your pain. In the last couple of years, two elderly dear friends on my street passed. I miss them so much still. I dream of them, and can actually feel their hands in mine. When I sew or cake, I start out the door to call them over to see, but they're gone...

Time will help, but I doubt you will forget your friend, and you wouldn't want to. My heart aches for you. Be strong.

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 10:16pm
post #12 of 20

So sorry for your loss. She sounded like a beautiful woman, both inside & out. Losing such a treasure is never easy, but you were blessed to be in each other's lives.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 10:19pm
post #13 of 20

I know it's hard to think of this now, but maybe those who loved and cared about her could still get together on her birthday to honor her memory.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 1:28am
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

I know it's hard to think of this now, but maybe those who loved and cared about her could still get together on her birthday to honor her memory.

That's a beautiful idea. I know you're sad Bella, but it sounds like this lady had a wonderful, long life, and it would be a great tribute to her for her family and friends to have a little celebration. Her daughter would surely enjoy seeing how valued her mother had been...?

Hugs to you.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 2:09am
post #15 of 20

Great idea Natalie.

Sorry to hear of your and the family's loss. Wow what a life 99 years.
God bless you all very much.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 2:13pm
post #16 of 20

I am so sorry - I like -Tubbs idea of a celebration of her life on her birthday anyways. It is always so heartbreaking when we loose someone who represents all that is good in the world. icon_sad.gif

She is a perfect example of "it's not what we take when we leave this world behind, it's what we leave behind us when we go".

Sending you lots of comforting {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} and know you are not alone in your grief. You will know what to tell your son - you are a good mother.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 4:12pm
post #17 of 20

I'm sorry about your neighbor.

I'm facing the death of my 101 year old great grandma sometime in the next 5 months or so. She was recently diagnosed with liver cancer and that's about how long they figure she has if old age doesn't take her first, she's too frail for treatment. I don't think it's going to be easy even with the advance warning.

FloraFlora Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FloraFlora Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 4:36pm
post #18 of 20

Sorry for your loss, LaBellaFlor. Knowing a special friend will never return is a very difficult thing to accept. But remember that she will always be there in your heart. Hope your boy wont take it too hard. You must let him know that this lady is not abandoning you all. She's probably watching out for you still, being such an angel she was.

I like Tubbs' idea, too.

FloraFlora Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FloraFlora Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 4:39pm
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

I'm sorry about your neighbor.

I'm facing the death of my 101 year old great grandma sometime in the next 5 months or so. She was recently diagnosed with liver cancer and that's about how long they figure she has if old age doesn't take her first, she's too frail for treatment. I don't think it's going to be easy even with the advance warning.

My heart goes out to you mbelgard.
There is no easy way to say goodbye. Do cherish the time you still have, and hopefully you can make some happy memory out of it.

LaBellaFlor Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 5:03pm
post #20 of 20

Sending prayers your way Mbelgard. It doesn't make it easier to know. Thanks everyone for your support. Oue entire street is still in shock as well. Our neighbor said she was waiting for her to come home as well, but that my neighbor had told her she was tired and ready to go. So, if she was ready to go, I'm happy she got her wish. We just wren't ready for her to go.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%