Omg I Just Saw

Lounge By Memie Updated 20 Nov 2009 , 7:26pm by 7yyrt

Memie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Memie Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 11:58am
post #1 of 30

the mountain of laundry I need to do! Arghhhhhhhh! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

29 replies
Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 12:02pm
post #2 of 30

I've repressed my laundry.

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 12:03pm
post #3 of 30

LOL, I spent the entire day cleaning my house yesterday. I just woke up and looked around. I love my husband and children. Why do I even bother, LOL!!

FullMoonRanch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullMoonRanch Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 2:11pm
post #4 of 30

I'm right there with you mim1106! I clean and they are behind me like little tornados!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 7:56pm
post #5 of 30

LOL - hubbies, children, dogs, cats, and laundry will just kick your butt.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 9:31pm
post #6 of 30

I must do 12 normal sized loads a week for the six of us. The only thing that keeps it handle-able are the pretty machines that can do three loads at a time sing to me when each load is done.

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 4:58pm
post #7 of 30

I once threw away all the socks and bought new ones, because it was easier than trying to find the matches. icon_redface.gif

That was years ago. I now tell myself " You're an adult, deal with it."
Plus my husband does the laundry now. icon_lol.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 5:21pm
post #8 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpierce

I once threw away all the socks and bought new ones, because it was easier than trying to find the matches. icon_redface.gif

That was years ago. I now tell myself " You're an adult, deal with it."
Plus my husband does the laundry now. icon_lol.gif

Mine too, girl. That was in our prenup. icon_lol.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 5:27pm
post #9 of 30

Dammit, you reminded me that I have wet laundry in the washer. It's pprobably rotted by now. icon_cry.gif

sadsmile Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 5:32pm
post #10 of 30

I have to buy every person a different kinds of socks with different color heals and toes. One has purple,one pink,one light blue, one grey, one light pink, one white. And they only get the one kind. Everyone digs their own out of the sock load and puts them away. Every one hates matching socks and usually don't. But since they have only one kind of sock it's OK.

Now my hubby keeps buying himself different kinds of socks and I can't get him to understand why it is easier for me and the kids. So his socks are a mess.

FullMoonRanch Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 6:09pm
post #11 of 30

What a great idea Sadsmile! I have to admit I've thrown away socks too! icon_redface.gif

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 6:11pm
post #12 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

I have to buy every person a different kinds of socks with different color heals and toes. One has purple,one pink,one light blue, one grey, one light pink, one white. And they only get the one kind. Everyone digs their own out of the sock load and puts them away. Every one hates matching socks and usually don't. But since they have only one kind of sock it's OK.

Now my hubby keeps buying himself different kinds of socks and I can't get him to understand why it is easier for me and the kids. So his socks are a mess.

I do the exact same thing! I have five kids, so I have to!

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 12:46am
post #13 of 30

Sadsmile, that is a great idea! I do my own wash (separate from my parents) and somehow my socks go missing. I swear that fancy new washing machine my mom just got eats them. If it were not so cold here I would wear flip flops all year long for that reason alone.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 12:56am
post #14 of 30

my answer to the sock problem

http://www.sock-locks.com/buy.htm

simple and they work

sadsmile Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 1:33am
post #15 of 30

But don't you get a funny pucker in the socks where they are bunched in those sock locks? Like how hard socks are that went through the wash still balled up?

Sock belly buttons? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

That would bother me and mine. We have to have our socks fitting on our feet just so. I also have to find socks with the smoothest seams. Or we have morning sock drama which results in... someone running through the house growling and yanking their shoes off to adjust the seams.

Are anyone else's kids this picky about funny stuff?

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 2:35am
post #16 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

But don't you get a funny pucker in the socks where they are bunched in those sock locks? Like how hard socks are that went through the wash still balled up?

Sock belly buttons? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ?

nope - not a problem I've noticed.

and I don't have to think in the morning.

one big benefit --- one color for black socks, another for dark blue socks and which I can never tell apart with bleary morning eyes.

FullMoonRanch Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 2:42am
post #17 of 30

My 4 yr. old daughter is picky about socks too! We live in Florida so she can wear sandals much of the time but has to wear sneakers to school. I buy the expensive (to me!) 'seamless' socks from Striderite and I still have to take her socks and shoes off and 'redo' them on her school days. It drives me crazy! I can hear my mom laugh when she tells me I was the same way. icon_smile.gif

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 3:25am
post #18 of 30

My son is funny about his socks. When he puts his shoes on if they're not right he picks at them and grunts until he can fix it.

I am too know. They have to fit right. I now (thanks to dh) can only wear ankle socks and they have to be thin. Big bulky fluffy socks drive me nuts!

My dd loves toe socks! Those are wierd to me.

Memie Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 3:56pm
post #19 of 30

Finally! The mountain is no more. icon_biggrin.gif I'm gonna stay on top of it this time. Really. I will. icon_wink.gif

sadsmile Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 5:43pm
post #20 of 30

YAY! You did it!!!

thumbs_up.gif

No more Monster!!!
LL

Tiffany29 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 6:03pm
post #21 of 30

Now if we could only get that basket to stay like that!

Memie Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 6:14pm
post #22 of 30

That's funny Sadsmile. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I love it!!!

Tiffany29 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 6:38pm
post #23 of 30

I did not see that one on the bottom. That is so funny!

ElectricCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElectricCook Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:22am
post #24 of 30

I have lots of clothes to iron. I don't send my blouses to the cleaners anymore (it costs to much) and I iron them myself. I am waiting for Black Friday to get myself a steamer to help me with my mound of blouses.

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 5:34pm
post #25 of 30

I have 2 girls, a 5 yr old and a 3 year old, their socks are very close in size, so I buy them at Old Navy. They sell socks there that have the size on the bottom, its written on there with that non-slip stuff, and its in the same color as the sock, so you can see it, but it doesn't stand out. I don't know how far up they go (size wise) but it works for us.

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 1:54am
post #26 of 30

We each have our own socks as well. The are all white, but completely different. Makes things so much easier.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 5:50am
post #27 of 30

You guys and my dryer buzzer just reminded me that I had a load in the dryer as well. Sadsmile, I just love your little laundry monster. That's just to cute.

Memie Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 12:43pm
post #28 of 30

Don't you just hate the sound of the dryer buzz???

sadsmile Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 2:29pm
post #29 of 30

Mine chimes a delightfully triumphant tune to announce the cycle has competed, and... AND I can adjust the volume and even turn it off.

Bellowing the "Tim The Tool-man Tailor" bragging huff. icon_wink.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 7:26pm
post #30 of 30

When growing up, our dryer played 'how dry I am!'
Miss that, sometimes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%