Cheesecake

Decorating By Cathy26 Updated 15 Nov 2009 , 11:38am by Cathy26

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 11:10pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, so some of you might know im hopefully opening a cupcake cafe/cake shop in Belfast early next year - we're hopefully going to finalise the lease next week (yay!!).....

the thing is and i know there are loads of different opinions on this, but in terms of baked cheesecakes what is the refridgeration issues on this? does it need to be kept refridgerated like all day or just overnight and then can it sit in a room temp counter?? im thinking that ive never eaten a really cold baked cheesecake in a coffee shop so im wondering......

We're trying to work out what pastry counters we need and obviously we dont want cold cupcakes so we're trying to work out if we need a seperate refridgerated unit for desert cakes and baked cheesecakes....any ideas anyone?

also with a chocolate ganache which i make with just chocolate and whipped cream - does a cupcake or cake with ganache icing need refridgeration??

Thanks so much in advance,

Cathy

3 replies
LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 11:37pm
post #2 of 4

Well in the U.S. all cheesecakes are served cold. It is ALL cream cheese and the are kept in cold cases. As far as the ganache it will be fine on the counter. i have cakes sitting out 3 days that are conered in chocolate ganache.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 4

Yup, cheesecake and cream-filled pastries and things with fresh fruit and whipped cream and mousse will all need to be refrigerated.

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 11:38am
post #4 of 4

thanks for that, at least ganache can be left out then icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%