Target Has Pretty Red Cake Stand!

Decorating By emlashlee Updated 21 Nov 2009 , 1:52am by denetteb

emlashlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emlashlee Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 1:40pm
post #1 of 28

I was strolling through Target last night with my hubby and stopped dead when I saw this great red ceramic cake stand! As I looked on with lust, hubby says, "How many red cakes are you really going to make?" icon_confused.gif Ha! Like that matters! icon_smile.gif Anyway, just wanted to share. It's $14.99 and you can buy it online, too. It's 12" wide and 5" tall. Happy shopping!
LL

27 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 2:05pm
post #2 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by emlashlee

I was strolling through Target last night with my hubby and stopped dead when I saw this great red ceramic cake stand! As I looked on with lust, hubby says, icon_lol.gif"How many red cakes are you really going to make?" icon_confused.gifthumbs_up.gifHa! Like that matters! icon_smile.gif Anyway, just wanted to share. It's $14.99 and you can buy it online, too. It's 12" wide and 5" tall. Happy shopping!

white cakes, green cakes, yellow cakes,purple cakes(redhatters,right?), blue cakes(patriotic?), no cakes at all...it's a great looking cake stand for crying out loud! icon_biggrin.gif

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 2:21pm
post #3 of 28

thank you for sharing! i am going to go get one icon_smile.gif

emlashlee Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 2:23pm
post #4 of 28

I just remembered that I had favorited a pic from mrsmudrash who made wedding cookies and placed them on a red stand like this. Here is the link: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1508201.html. I don't know if it's the same stand or not, but it sure is close. (Her cookies are great, you should check it out!)

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 2:40pm
post #5 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by emlashlee

I just remembered that I had favorited a pic from mrsmudrash who made wedding cookies and placed them on a red stand like this. Here is the link: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1508201.html. I don't know if it's the same stand or not, but it sure is close. (Her cookies are great, you should check it out!)

Here's her blog post about that great looking stand: http://jessicakesblog.blogspot.com/2009/11/collection-and-surprise.html

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 2:59pm
post #6 of 28

Lovely cake stand - and what a fantastic display for that special Christmas cake!

Thanks for sharing!

emlashlee Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 4:10pm
post #7 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourPots

Here's her blog post about that great looking stand: http://jessicakesblog.blogspot.com/2009/11/collection-and-surprise.html

Thanks for posting that link FlourPots! icon_smile.gif

Memie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Memie Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 4:39pm
post #8 of 28

I already have it on my birthday/christmas list!

luddroth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luddroth Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 4:49pm
post #9 of 28

Oooh, thanks! Gotta have it. Don't you think that it's difficult to find completely flat cake plates? Most have a rim -- and I think that makes it harder to cut and serve.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 12:54am
post #10 of 28

I was in AC Moore today and saw a stand EXACTLY like this in white. It was $19.90, but they almost always have a coupon in the sunday paper for 40% off. It looked really nice.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 1:07am
post #11 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by luddroth

Oooh, thanks! Gotta have it. Don't you think that it's difficult to find completely flat cake plates? Most have a rim -- and I think that makes it harder to cut and serve.

Agree & this one is gorgeous! I so have to go get one.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 1:18am
post #12 of 28

Don't often shop at Target, but this cake stand is definitely worth a trip!

Thanks for sharing. icon_biggrin.gif

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 1:21am
post #13 of 28

We saw this same cake stand the other day. Funny though, it was on the bottom shelf so we were looking at it from above and it reminded us both of a Coke bottle cap. We both liked it, but that was the first thing we both said.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 2:16am
post #14 of 28

It's a very cute cake stand. Thanks for sharing!

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 2:53am
post #15 of 28

they used to have it in white too.

thanks for posting this and yes I agree, finding flat cake plates without a stand is almost impossible

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 6:18pm
post #16 of 28

Thanks for posting! Red is the accent color in my home. icon_smile.gif

hilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hilly Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 8:10pm
post #17 of 28

I saw it and was totally drooling over it last week but couldn't justify just picking it up for myself. I hope they still have some left in December because it's going on my Christmas list icon_biggrin.gif.

babyhugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babyhugs Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 9:46pm
post #18 of 28

My daughter just got me that last one at our local Target, thanks for the post! icon_biggrin.gif

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 10:15pm
post #19 of 28

Very pretty stand indeed. I just hate storing these cake plates. We barely have enough space in the china cabinet for the plates etc..let alone a big cake plate. How do you store them when you are not using them? They take up so much space

luddroth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luddroth Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 11:03pm
post #20 of 28

True -- it's a problem. I turn the pedestals upside down and store a big bowl or some other problem item on top of it.

dorie67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorie67 Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 11:24pm
post #21 of 28

Thanks for posting, how can you pass it up?, IT'S RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! princess.gif

ccc1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccc1234 Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 1:32am
post #22 of 28

Thanks for posting this, I love it icon_smile.gif

emlashlee Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 6:52pm
post #23 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcravings

Very pretty stand indeed. I just hate storing these cake plates. We barely have enough space in the china cabinet for the plates etc..let alone a big cake plate. How do you store them when you are not using them? They take up so much space

I've turned my cake stands into a decoration of sort. My kitchen opens up into the second story, so I have them lining the top of my cabinets. Of course, if I had enough cabinet space, I'd keep them in there. I'm thinking of throwing out my food and using the space to organize my cake stuff. icon_biggrin.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 7:05pm
post #24 of 28

Oh. I found the most gorgeous cake plate at Marshall's one day. I check in there once a week just to see if somehow more show up....it's rare, but wow, they get oddly amazing looking things at times.

cassiopeia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassiopeia Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 7:18pm
post #25 of 28

OMG that is so adorable and cheap. I didnt see it last time I was at Target. Maybe its new. I will have to go check this out.

tootsie927 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootsie927 Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 7:36pm
post #26 of 28

Thanks for sharing! This is great for the holiday, I"m on my way to get one now.

suzie1962 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzie1962 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 7:55am
post #27 of 28

I bought one!! Thanks.

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 1:52am
post #28 of 28

Ooh, good idea to have them on top of the cabinets. I think I will take mine out of the cupboard and try something on top of the cabinets. I think I will do that tonight if I can get off CC.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%