White Chocolate??

Sugar Work By scionmom Updated 19 Nov 2009 , 7:48pm by backermeister

scionmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scionmom Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 11:33pm
post #1 of 2

OK... I am confused... dont understand what I am doing wrong. I have tried numerous times to use the white chocolate wilton wafers for dipping cake balls and just tried to dip some cookies, but everytime i do it just melts and then hardens to almost like modeling chocolate. I am so confused as to what i am doing wrong or if there is something else out there that i could use. I dont usually use white chocolate, but with the holidays coming up thought it would look good on cake balls. Please help.

1 reply
backermeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
backermeister Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 7:48pm
post #2 of 2

First Wilton wafers are a confectionery coating which contains oil as compared to white choc which is cocoa butter based. True choc normally requires a tempering process for proper use and the taste is far superior to wafers but it does cost more. Just an FYI in case you didn't know. Sometimes after melting the wafers you may have to add some shortening or oil to thin for dipping. The coating with wafers will normally come out slightly thicker than choc. Once you dip your cakeball pick it up with a fork and tap it on the side of a bowl several times to shake off the extra coating then place on a parchment lined cookie sheet to dry. To prevent feet on the bottom you can move the cakeball once it has set or cut the feet off with a knife.HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%