Which Cake Would You Choose To Challenge Yourself?

Decorating By vagostino Updated 12 Nov 2009 , 2:57pm by bobwonderbuns

vagostino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vagostino Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 2:03pm
post #1 of 7

Well here I am with nothing to do because nobody is ordering cakes so I was thinking I should turn my kitchen into a learning class and use my time to practice recipes and cake decorating techniques!

I'm having a hard time choosing cakes to replicate designs from....do you have "the cake" that you'd like to replicate? any awesome ones that you wish you can make one day??

Just curious!

6 replies
khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 2:17pm
post #2 of 7

I took a Lambeth and Australian method course this fall and when things slow down I want to do a tiered dummy cake in this method. Lets hope I don't forget it all before I get a chance to do it!

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 2:32pm
post #3 of 7

I want to practice a topsy turvey. I bought SugarShacks video but havent had a chance to practice it yet.

MyDiwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyDiwa Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 2:36pm
post #4 of 7

How about browsing through the winning competition cakes. There's gotta be good fodder for you there.

vagostino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vagostino Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 2:42pm
post #5 of 7

I bought sugarshack videos and Jennifer Dontz! (they are coming this week), I'm waiting to see what they have so I can try something new!
I've been browsing online and there are so many beautiful cakes! I don't even know where to start!
I do know that i LOVE Rylan's avatar cake, but I'm not that good yet!

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 2:49pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagostino

I bought sugarshack videos and Jennifer Dontz! (they are coming this week), I'm waiting to see what they have so I can try something new!
I've been browsing online and there are so many beautiful cakes! I don't even know where to start!
I do know that i LOVE Rylan's avatar cake, but I'm not that good yet!

Me too! I bought Sugarshack's video, and should get it this week also!
I know what you mean about Rylan's avatar cake, and I can only HOPE to one day be that good!!!!
Plus, Karen, (khoudek) I looked at your cakes, and they are fabulous!!!!
The Lambeth and Australian method looks very intriguing!!!!!
I guess the one I'm still looking forward to doing is stenciling.........haven't tried that yet.........but, I'm still in the learning stages!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 2:57pm
post #7 of 7

I have a whole list of techniques I want to try so I made a list and when I get a few moments I get out the cake dummies and play!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%