Giving Up Cakes For Now!

Lounge By quilting2011 Updated 14 Nov 2009 , 1:09am by quilting2011

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 11:41pm
post #1 of 6

Well, I finally hit my weight goal. I am down to 110 pounds. Even though I have a frozen shoulder on my right side. Instead of baking and eating, I started an exercise program, walking, taking spinning classes.

Also started eating healthy staying away from sugar and junk food.

I decided to quit baking and decorating cakes and focus on getting my right shoulder well plus watching my diet!

If you need to lose weight stay away from sugar and junk food. follow the weight watchers program and exercise.

I decided any junk food I put on my lips will just go on my hips.

5 replies
cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 12:53am
post #2 of 6

Maybe you could combine the two and try to come up with some low-fat low-cal recipes for cakes. Kill two birds with one stone. Sorry to hear your giving it up altogether! Good luck to you whatever you decide.

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 4:22am
post #3 of 6

Congratulations on the weight loss. icon_smile.gif

Sorry to hear that you are giving up cakes as well, but you have to do whats best for you.

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 9:59pm
post #4 of 6

How great that you are living a healthier life style. I can't imagine only weighing 110 lbs. You must be tiny!!! I am getting closer to my normal weight before my kids, but I still have 20 lbs to go.
If you feel that it is too tempting to make cakes for now it is good you decided not to have it around you. Whenever you feel stronger again you can always come back and use your trusted recipes so that you don't have to taste to check them and just bake and decorate for friends (or special occasions).

quilting2011 Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 1:07am
post #5 of 6

edit

quilting2011 Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 1:09am
post #6 of 6

I weighed 200 pounds when I had my kids. It took me 4 years to lose the weight. I am barely 5 feet. so this extra weight really messed up my body.

Now I don't have high blood pressure, I am no longer considered Diabetic Type 2, my knees don't hurt going up and down the steps etc. It is worth it too loose the weight,

I decided to just stay away from cakes for now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%