Seriously?! Local Cake Store Fondant Price Vs. Internet!

Decorating By Larkin121 Updated 12 Nov 2009 , 7:57pm by Toptier

heycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heycake Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 6:23pm
post #31 of 33

Larkin,

I know of one cake supply place in Seattle and I'm wondering where the other one is that you mentioned. You don't have to list the names if you don't want to but could you tell me the area that they are in or just PM me. I'm always interested in finding local stores that I can shop at.

I agree that the store prices are sometimes hard to pay but I do appreciate the convenience of being able to go in and look at the products.

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 6:26pm
post #32 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by roweeena

I generally buy from stores because I deal with the owners, they arent trying to rip me off, they are trying to survive like everyone else. I've recently had one of my suppliers go under actually. Bankrupt. Pretty much took the shirt off his back.

The price you get it for online is most likely the price physical stores pay for it. And they only have room for 10 boxes. Then add on electricity, rent, staff, advertising, cleaning, water, business licence renewals and maybe a little wage for themselves. Thats why the price is so bad.

Online stores have a huge warehouse and the only real overheads they have are for that warehouse and some internet. The overheads are lower and they buy hundreds of boxes, not 10.

So next time you are thinking "man this GFC is really hitting the little guy hard", perhaps shop at your local. Not an online store because the online store will still be there long after the little guy has shut up shop and moved away taking anything he had committed to the community with him.

Thank you.

Toptier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toptier Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 7:57pm
post #33 of 33

If you don't support your local businesses, one day they'll be gone and you'll ONLY be able to order online. Just sayin...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%