Spongebob Cake

Decorating By scratchdog Updated 11 Nov 2009 , 9:41pm by cabecakes

scratchdog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scratchdog Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 4

Help, my son (6yrs old) has sketched out a picture of the cake he wants for his birthday. He would like spongebob's pineapple on top of a cake and a snake (it is a reptile party) wrapped around the cake. I don't want to let him down. My question is.... I am planning on carving the pineapple out of the doll cake pan, covering it with fondant. Any suggestions on what to make the top of the pineapple out of? I am afraid if I use gumpaste it will be top heavy and how to attach it. Thanks

3 replies
totallycaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
totallycaked Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 4

Hi I am not a pro but the first thing that popped into my head is to use like the doll pan. I was thinking maybe cover it with fondant and use something like shaped like a v to emboss into the fondant. You know how pinapples have those little v shaped leaves. Maybe you can use just the corner of a square cookie cutter or fondant cutter. I hope this helps or at least sparks a better idea than mine.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 4

Shawna has a nice idea.

In case you need more ideas, contact CakePro. She is inlove with Spongebob.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 4

Could you use the tulip leaf cutter, and cut out gumpaste, or sketch the leaves out on paper and make either a Royal Icing Transfer or Frozen Buttercream Transfer, or a chocolate transfer. Probably the best bet (because you could drape them over something to get the bend in the leaf) is the gumpaste cut-outs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%