How Can I Do This Logo? Plz Need Answers Fast!

Decorating By dawnstulee Updated 20 Nov 2009 , 11:04pm by __Jamie__

dawnstulee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnstulee Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 9

ok- i have a cake due sat. and need to make a monster truck cake but she wants the "Tailgator" truck. thing is, the logo(see pic) is on sides and tailgate and will have to be small. about 2 1/2" x 1" for tailgate. i do not have an edible printer, buttercream and RI would be to hard in a small sppace like that and i cannot freehand. going to be using fondantover truck. do not have purple or orange edible markers. i do have have lemon extract so i thought about painting, but isn't it too small and detailed for pin pricking? HELP plz!

http://www.truckinweb.com/webonly/0807trweb_4_wheel_jamboree/photo_42.html
LL
LL

8 replies
pieceacake830 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceacake830 Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:00pm
post #2 of 9

how about a fbct?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:02pm
post #3 of 9

Personally I would do it NON-edible.
print out on paper and enclose in press-N-seal plastic wrap. Don't have PNS? then use regular plastic cling wrap.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:06pm
post #4 of 9

Use the lightbox method. I explain it here: http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-641963-.html

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:11pm
post #5 of 9

Can you find a local bakery or grocery store that will print the edible image up for you? You can always add the expense to the customer's invoice.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:43am
post #6 of 9

I would be glad to print it for you if you pay shipping.

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 5:24pm
post #7 of 9

It's hard to freehand in a little spot like that, so what about freehanding on a little rectangle of fondant that you can just attach when you are done? This way you can easily re-do it if you need to...

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 11:02pm
post #8 of 9

I would do a melted chocolate transfer. Similar to the Frozen buttercream, except you don't freeze it.

Works great!!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 11:04pm
post #9 of 9

So, dawn...got lots of good ideas here. Did you ever see any of these responses? What did you end up doing, seeing as how cake is due tomorrow?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%