Help With Creme Bouquet Flavoring!

Decorating By sugarMomma Updated 12 Nov 2009 , 2:12am by KathysCC

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 3:00pm
post #1 of 7

I am making the original WASC recipe which lists 1 tbl of flavoring like almond or vanilla. I want to use creme bouquet but am not sure how much to use.
Do I use the same amount or less?

6 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 3:10pm
post #2 of 7

Same amount.

sugarMomma Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 3:26pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you!!

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 7

My personal taste, I would use 1 tsp cb + 1 generous tsp vanilla; cb is strong. Add less, taste the batter and see what you like.

sugarMomma Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 1:02am
post #5 of 7

You are right Fullhouse, it was kinda strong. I used the full tbl. before I read your post. Funny though, it wasn't a strong citrus flavor in the cake but a lingering strong after taste on the tip of my tongue.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 1:32am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarMomma

You are right Fullhouse, it was kinda strong. I used the full tbl. before I read your post. Funny though, it wasn't a strong citrus flavor in the cake but a lingering strong after taste on the tip of my tongue.

The first time I used CB in a cake I didn't use it again for months after because of the after taste. It wasn't until I read a post here that explained it is strong and best in small doses that I decided I like it. Try again icon_smile.gif .

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 2:12am
post #7 of 7

I agree with those above. I only put about 1/4 tsp of cream bouquet in that recipe along with vanilla. Cream bouquet is VERY strong.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%