Ideas For A Rehearsal Dinner Cake

Decorating By StacyR Updated 14 Nov 2009 , 10:47pm by StacyR

StacyR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StacyR Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:25am
post #1 of 11

I have information overload! The mother of the groom gave me pieces of information from the groom and the bride and I cannot even fathom how to make it come together! I would greatly appreciate some insight from the genius minds on cake central! PUHLEASE!!! icon_smile.gif

Bride - cheerleading, dance, gymnastics, favorite colors are red, black and white.

Groom - playes bass and love soccer and football. Favorite teams are Manchester United, UT and Cowboys.

They met at Crossroads Baptist Church and attended Sam Houston State University together.

UGH! I can't even begin to start this. I'm pretty sure she doesn't expect it all in there, I'm just not sure what to cut.

Thank you in advance!!
Stacy

10 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:31am
post #2 of 11

Well it's not so much as what to cut but focus on what to include. Rehearsal dinner cakes are usually groom's cakes because the bride gets her cake at the wedding.

So is there another groom's cake? If not--do the guitar and the soccer & football

StacyR Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:34am
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8memphis-

Well it's not so much as what to cut but focus on what to include. Rehearsal dinner cakes are usually groom's cakes because the bride gets her cake at the wedding.

So is there another groom's cake? If not--do the guitar and the soccer & football

There will be a groom's cake at the wedding and it will be Manchester U theme. Mine needs to incorporate both of their personalities.

Thanks!

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:37am
post #4 of 11

you could do a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:51am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

playing a guitar

icon_biggrin.gif

This sounds like a terminally cheesey cake--so maybe just fasten your seatbelt and --glory though mog has no better ideas than this hodge podge mess.

I'd totally talk her into a bride and groom motif--skip all that personality stuff--it's a rehearsal dindin for a wedding--not a birthday party. Mog needs to wake up a little.

Do the church and put a pair of pom poms and a guitar --if you really wanna go there--put a veil on one of the pom poms and a bow tie on the guitar neck.

StacyR Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 4:52am
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

Ha, I'm not sure the bride would appreciate that. But it is a cute idea!

StacyR Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 4:29am
post #7 of 11

Ok, I totally went cheesy. I admit it. I kinda like it, though. I'll post pictures later.

tatorchip Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 4:32am
post #8 of 11

let me know when you post, I want to see it please, how cheesy lol

StacyR Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 7:48pm
post #9 of 11

Ok, it's up. It's the heart on hearts cake. Whatcha think?

tatorchip Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 10:31pm
post #10 of 11

Stacy, I don't think it is cheesy at all, that was a great idea and you did a great job with it, I am sure they will love it, you got everything in there that they wanted and the hearts wow how did you come up with that, too me it seals up the whole thought. love the idea.

StacyR Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 10:47pm
post #11 of 11

I've seen so many cakes where the base was made up of 6 in. rounds and I loved them. This was my take on that design.

Thanks for your ideas and feedback! I really appreciate it!

Stacy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%