How Much To Charge???

Business By multilayered Updated 10 Nov 2009 , 4:42am by cakesdivine

multilayered Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
multilayered Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 12:36am
post #1 of 3

One of my clients asked me if I would come to her home and host a mini cake decorating party for her nine year old daughter and three friends. So four 4" cakes covered in fondant with extra fondant/gumpaste decorations. It would probably be about 2 hours with a set design in mind. I would also make a fifth cake already done to show as a model. So of course it's not just the supplies, but also my time involved.We live in Long Island NY and she is pretty well off. My question is how much to charge, I don't want to be too expensive, but I also don't want to sell myself short putting this party together is going to be quite time consuming. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. TIA

2 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 12:57am
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Quote:

I don't want to be too expensive, but I also don't want to sell myself short putting this party together is going to be quite time consuming

These two objectives are at odds. Add up all your costs, plus an hourly rate (for the shopping, preparation of the cakes, travel to and from her home, and the party) and that's the price. Whether or not it's "too expensive" is up to your client. But it costs what it costs.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 4:42am
post #3 of 3

For kid parties I charge $20 per child with a minimum of $120. I usually don't do a 4" size cake I do a large cupcake, for fondant turn it upside down and cover it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%