Not To Sure, Need Help!

Baking By mygirlssweet Updated 10 Nov 2009 , 3:43am by RachieRach

mygirlssweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mygirlssweet Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 5:24am
post #1 of 4

Can I freeze sugar cookies, thaw, decorate, and refreeze again? Will it hurt the taste to freese twice?

3 replies
RachieRach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RachieRach Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 6:55am
post #2 of 4

I've never done it that way. But I can't think of a reason it wouldn't work as long as they are properly thawed.

I usually freeze my dough and I have frozen finished cookies (or I would eat them all). How long do you need to freeze them before decorating? I've gone up to 2 weeks between baking and decorating and my family couldn't tell the difference. I just kept the baked cookies in ziplock bags.

mygirlssweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mygirlssweet Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 1:46am
post #3 of 4

They are for a baby shower next week Wednesday. I baked them all yesterday from fresh dough and have frozen them. I was thinking of decorating them this weekend, refreeze them and then thaw Wednesday morning for the evening shower. Will it be ok?

RachieRach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RachieRach Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 3:43am
post #4 of 4

I would think it would be okay. I don't know your storage space but you honestly don't need to re-freeze between this weekend and Wednesday. It is going to take at least 12 hours for the cookies to set (assuming you are using royal icing, longer if glace).

Once they are set, I would just store in air tight container. But to answer your question, yes they will be okay.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%