Question About Duplicate Designs

Decorating By LoriMc Updated 2 Dec 2009 , 5:37pm by thecreativeone4

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 9:47pm
post #1 of 5

Just wondering what the etiquette is on here as far as submitting cake designs that are copied from other CC members. I didn't see that subject addressed in the rules.

I've never entered a contest on here before and I wondered how this was addressed. Anybody have an answer? Thanks!

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 10:09pm
post #2 of 5

One should give 'a tip of the hat' to the original creator who inspired you.
Most - if not all of us - post our pix to help inspire others to do better and better icon_smile.gif

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 5

So let me get this straight...if someone copies your original cake design, they are free to go against the original in the cake contest as long as they credit you?

Thanks for answering!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 12:13am
post #4 of 5

Well - I would think that if someone just designed a cake and put it in the contest, that you shouldn't design the exact same cake and enter it into the contest. That doesn't seem very fair.

If you want to remake the cake and just post it and give credit to the person who made it, I think that's fine.

Just my thoughts though.

thecreativeone4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecreativeone4 Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 5:37pm
post #5 of 5

oh, i think this post is about me! I really didn't think i had any chance of winning anything because i did a cake pretty close to Lori's cake.. I added some things and my characters were not nearly as good as Lori's. I gave kuddos of course. I didn't see where Lori had entered her gorgeous cake though. I know it would have beat mine hands down! I hope I haven't offended you Lori!! I have no creative mind and must rely on other talented people for ideas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%