The Customer Gets What The Customer Wants

Business By sugarandslice Updated 8 Nov 2009 , 12:49pm by ramie7224

sugarandslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandslice Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 4:05am
post #1 of 10

So I've just finished the strangest cake request I've had so far. A cake in the shape of a bottle of face cream!
The husband of the birthday girl called me and asked if I do carved cakes. I explained that I haven't been doing this long but that I would happily give it a go. He then emailed me a copy of the invitation for the party which was a spoof face cream ad with his wife's baby photo as the "before" and her at 40 as the "after" with the face cream in the middle.

So, I did it and I'm wondering what's the strangest cake you've ever done?

Oh and here's the link
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1509365

9 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 4:21am
post #2 of 10

Not the weirdest, but maybe the most random...I did a lightbulb for an electrician once. The bride couldn't figure out what to do for a groom's cake for him, so she went with that!

sweet-thing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet-thing Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 4:47am
post #3 of 10

Your cake turned out great!

I just had someone ask for a group birthday cake that had to include a 6 yr old who loves cheerleading, an 11 yr old soccer player and their grandpa who loves chocolate. Not odd but hard to tie together into one cake!

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 5:24pm
post #4 of 10

Have you seen my pile of poo cake? LOL That has to be the strangest one I've ever been asked to do. I've actually done 2 of those. One of the guests at the first poo cake party called 6 months later "having to have a pile of poop" for her daughter's birthday. icon_lol.gif Whatever. They were actually quite easy to make and they paid for them so it's all good on my end.

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 5:35pm
post #5 of 10

jadak - LOL, that is the grossest cake I have ever seen! Great job??!!

amysue99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amysue99 Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 6:05pm
post #6 of 10

Yes, a pile of poo. I did one for a boy having a Fear Factor party. It looked so gross that I didn't dare put it on my website

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 6:19pm
post #7 of 10

I guess one of my weirdest was the top part of a pair of jeans with a credit card stuck in the butt (its in my photos)....some kind of "swiper" game/joke the customer played with their friends all the time. She was kinda embarrassed even placing her order. haha.

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 2:22am
post #8 of 10

We did an DNA themed cake for a grooms cake for a molecular biologist.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 11:36am
post #9 of 10

I did my first black wedding cake a couple of weeks ago. the entire cake was black buttercream with some red piping. I worned the bride and groom that thier teeth and lips would be black all day and they went Cool! so I guess to each thier own! haha!

ramie7224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramie7224 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 12:49pm
post #10 of 10

Jadak- OMG! That is truly the most disgusting thing I have ever seen! GREAT JOB! No way I could take a bite out of that thing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%