10.06.09 Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 8 Nov 2009 , 2:33am by lorijom

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 6:41am
post #31 of 41

CakeMommyTX, you did a fantastic job on that!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 6:42am
post #32 of 41

That is crazy! the Tin Man looks scary, cause it looks so real, not cause it looks actually scary. I swear evey vake of yours gets better and better!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 7:39am
post #33 of 41

Done. For tonight. Putting together a 6 tier monster tomorrow. Ack! And a small two tier for another reception.

Hiiiiiiiiiii Bella!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 7:44am
post #34 of 41

HI Jamie! It's like crack...espicially the business section. Now back to my last monster.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 7:55am
post #35 of 41

whew, ok finished the tin man, i still think he wants to kill me in my sleep but i've left him at the shop so he'd have to cacth a cab if he wanted too and good luck with that, no ones gonna pick him up with that evil stare of his..lol
now all i have to do it mapquest my deliveries, take a shower, wash my clothes and kiss the kiddos good night!

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 9:18am
post #36 of 41

I finally stopped for a 10 minute break - been going hard since 7:30 a.m. with 2 - 2 hour breaks for errand running - and still have a small 3 - tier wedding cake to ice, smooth and slap the real ribbon and silk flowers on it provided by the bride! I have finished a 4 - tier wedding cake, a baby shower cake and a 2 -tier 50th anniversary cake - which is for my in-laws party tomorrow night!! Thank goodness my daughter was married 6 weeks ago and she offered to have the party at their home! Plus I have to start delivering the wedding cakes at 9:00 a.m. (hah- 6 hours from now!) - since both weddings are at 1:00 p.m.!! ARRGGHH - I have never been this far behind - I don't know what happened with my careful planning this week!

So Bella - I will be here for the remainder of the 'morning' and CakemommyTX - the tin man is awesome - I don't think he is scary at all - it's fabulous!! How big is he?

Got to get back to it -- I'll check back in later

Suze

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 9:56am
post #37 of 41

I went to Home Depot and bought the hardware I will be needing to do my niece's baby shower cake, then I did the original sketch for it, and while working the design for the framework, I figured out that I'm going to need a flange to connect the pipework to the board. Tomorrow, it's back to the hardware store.

I won't tell what the design is, but this week I will be making the features for it. I will tell you that this is a project that I discovered about a year ago, and have been looking forward to the opportunity to make it.

Wish me luck!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 9:57am
post #38 of 41

I had a two tier christening cake for a baby called Leo with a Lion (been dying for an excuse to to a varation of a lion i saw on pinkcakebox for a YEAR now - lol so finally got my chance - just couldnt do the main the way she did icon_sad.gif

super quick cake to do - had it baked and the lion done and my buttercream made prior to tonight but got it levelled, torted, filled, crumbcoated, made fondant and covered and decorated in 2 hours which is really quick for me!!

BTW that tin man absolutly ROCKS - one of the best things ive seen in a loooooong time - you should be well pleased xo

lorijom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorijom Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:20am
post #39 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Treats_1

Quote:

Recreating Al Capone's 1928 armored cadillac in cake for a roaring twenties wedding reception. Oh how I would love a normal wedding cake, Its a fun cake thoughicon_wink.gif

WOW Cant wait to see. Please post pictures!

I definately will. Finishing touches in the morning. Sometimes I like people knowing me as "That woman who makes cakes that don't look anything like cakes" brings me the fun customers. icon_smile.gif

How did the delivery go?

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:59am
post #40 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorijom

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Treats_1

Quote:

Recreating Al Capone's 1928 armored cadillac in cake for a roaring twenties wedding reception. Oh how I would love a normal wedding cake, Its a fun cake thoughicon_wink.gif

WOW Cant wait to see. Please post pictures!

I definately will. Finishing touches in the morning. Sometimes I like people knowing me as "That woman who makes cakes that don't look anything like cakes" brings me the fun customers. icon_smile.gif

How did the delivery go?

Went well, I just put the pic up in my photos. I spent so much time figuring out how to effectively make the fenders "float" that I ran out of time for some other planned details. The customers LOVED it and the event staff loved it also. Thats all that matters icon_smile.gif They dont know what I ran out of time for icon_wink.gif. My daughter made the gangster. She's quite good at that and a big help when I don't have time. Unfortunately my camera battery died after the first couple of test pics so I am hoping she forwards better pics from her photog.

lorijom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorijom Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 2:33am
post #41 of 41

It turned out great!! Did they have the reception room set up nicely?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%