Someone Help Asap!! Fondant Issues!

Decorating By forheavenscake Updated 7 Nov 2009 , 2:12am by forheavenscake

forheavenscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forheavenscake Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 12:24am
post #1 of 10

Ok seriously. . I have no idea what is happening to my fondant. i am on my second batch and I still can't figure it out.

there are hard little pebble like things in the fondant???? what the heck is that?? All i'm using are marshmallows, 1 tbs water & sifted powder sugar!

Please help, I have to get this cake done tonight!

Thanks!

9 replies
metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 12:28am
post #2 of 10

Sry, haven't run in to this issue. Bump!

forheavenscake Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 12:36am
post #3 of 10

Thanks for the bump! I am so confused! I have made MMF many times before and never seen this. . even wierder is that I made 3 batches and only the WHITE batch is coming out like this. Could it be the White White Coloring I am putting in it? Although I don't know how the coloring would cause little hard pebbles??

Argh!!!

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 12:37am
post #4 of 10

It happened to me once, I just kept kneading it, and and then let it sit for a few hours, kneaded it again and it was fine. good luck How big are the 'pebbles"?

forheavenscake Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 12:42am
post #5 of 10

they are tiny, if you look far away they look like thousands of little bubbles but then when you get closer they are a little off-white in color and hard.

Well hubby just went to the store for another bag of marshmallows and sugar, so here goes round #3.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 12:56am
post #6 of 10

that's a good hubby you got there!

Kims_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kims_cakes Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 1:07am
post #7 of 10

I had the same problem once, when I used a store brand ps. Make sure it's not beet sugar (mine was), it needs to be real sugar cane sugar. I'm assuming that was my problem. Maybe it was yours?

arrianna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arrianna Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 1:12am
post #8 of 10

I had that issue before but it was because the mmf went into the fridge and hardened the marshmallow. I had to microwave it again and it turned out ok.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 1:16am
post #9 of 10

I always allow my mmf to set over night (rest) before I use it....by the next day any little hard pebble things have melted.

That's the same recipe I use, just made some....have it wrapped and resting for tomorrow.

forheavenscake Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 2:12am
post #10 of 10

Turns out it was the coloring! I made the 3rd batch without adding the white white coloring and it came out fine. . .that is so wierd!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%