Too Much Mmf

Decorating By Lenette Updated 6 Nov 2009 , 2:46am by TheBlonde

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 12:39am
post #1 of 5

I made waaay too much mmf. Can i freeze it or something so it stays fresh? TIA!

4 replies
HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 1:11am
post #2 of 5

I feel bad for you right now, since no one is answering the question.

I pose this to you, are you going to throw it out, since you have too much?

I'm thinking, more than likely.

Why not try wrapping it as tight as you can get it and shove it in the freezer? When you need it again, thaw and knead with Crisco. Roll out a little, no worky, no big deal. You just might have discovered emergency fondant!

If it doesn't work, you basically had a mind set to making new anyways, so no time lost.

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 1:14am
post #3 of 5

I feel bad for you right now, since no one is answering the question.

I pose this to you, are you going to throw it out, since you have too much?

I'm thinking, more than likely.

Why not try wrapping it as tight as you can get it and shove it in the freezer? When you need it again, thaw and knead with Crisco. Roll out a little, no worky, no big deal. You just might have discovered emergency fondant!

If it doesn't work, you basically had a mind set to making new anyways, so no time lost.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 1:15am
post #4 of 5

Lenette mmf lasts for quite a while if you coat it with shortening, wrap with plastic wrap tightly and then put it in a ziploc bag. I've kept it for 3 wks and it was still fresh and delicious.

If you think about it it's only marshmallows, sugar and water with some flavorings so there isn't anything to go bad.

TheBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBlonde Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 2:46am
post #5 of 5

It keeps for a long time. Just coat it in crisco, wrap it tight in seran wrap and then put it in a plastic baggie. I've kept mine for over a month in the fridge and it was fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%