Dry Cupcake Help Me Please!!

Baking By amaniemom Updated 10 Nov 2009 , 8:28pm by prterrell

amaniemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaniemom Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 10:37pm
post #1 of 5

I made some cupcakes and they seem to be dry. I am going to use Rich's topping for the icing. Will it help if injected the cupcake with this topping to add moisture as well as ice with it?

I have made this recipe before and not sure why it became dry. Could a person beat the mixture to long and make it dry? It is made from scratch.
Please help because the cc's are due tomorrow and I have a sick kid among other unexpected things that came up.
Thanks
mk

4 replies
jojo76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jojo76 Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 5

oh poor you, I know im too late to reply, just wanted to say I know how hard it is working when your kids are ill.....
If my cupcakes come out dry, I think its usually because I've overcooked them a little bit, try baking for a couple of minutes less next time maybe? I have heard people say that freezing can make cakes more moist? Dont know if this is true!
Hope you managed to get it sorted out anyway, and that your little one is better....

ramacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramacake Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 10:19am
post #3 of 5

Well I know I'm too late with this reply, but, overbaking is probably the biggest reason for dry cupcakes.

I bake all of my cupcakes in two pans, one inside of the other, it's like a double thickness of pans. It seems to help a lot.

I also add a little sour cream to the batter. And that definately helps a LOT!!!

ramacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramacake Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 10:21am
post #4 of 5

Well I know I'm too late with this reply, but, overbaking is probably the biggest reason for dry cupcakes.

I bake all of my cupcakes in two pans, one inside of the other, it's like a double thickness of pans. It seems to help a lot.

I also add a little sour cream to the batter. And that definately helps a LOT!!!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 8:28pm
post #5 of 5

Overmixing and overbaking will both make a cake more dry.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%