Cupcakes

Decorating By Jenmarlene Updated 10 Nov 2009 , 7:17pm by Jenmarlene

Jenmarlene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenmarlene Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 7:59pm
post #1 of 7

I have a potential order for Dec. 5th, my first cupcake order. its for a 100d 100 cupcakes for a babyshower, I was thinking of maybe charging $100,is $100 sound reasonable??

6 replies
ambernd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ambernd Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 8:06pm
post #2 of 7

I would only charge $100 if all you were doing was just a simple swirl of icing. If there is any decorating involved I would charge more per cupcake. I dont know if I have a pic on here of them or not, but I did ones for a baby shower with booties strollers and rattles and I charged $2 a peice for them.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 12:28am
post #3 of 7

My price for a basic cupcake is $2.25 per piece, so $1 each sounds way too low. Are they all one flavour? That would make it simpler...

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 12:41am
post #4 of 7

Even a simple cupcake with homemade buttercream should be at least $2.00 each. Good Luck

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 1:01am
post #5 of 7

Buck a piece not nearly enough. Cupcakes are VERY labor intense. No less than 2.00 each.

Jen icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 4:06pm
post #6 of 7

What do you charge per slice? Isn't a cupcake just another serving of cake? Do you fill your cupcakes? What kind of decoratiosn are they wanting?

I'd much rather do a 100 serving cake over 100 cupcakes. You will be spending alot more time baking and icing those cupcakes, not to mention transporting them from one location to another.

Jenmarlene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenmarlene Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 7:17pm
post #7 of 7

well the reason I'm charging a dollar is because I'm still new at this, plus my work is not that flawless yet. so maybe the next time I'll charge a little more. I just don't want to charge $2.00 and it looks sloopy or not perfect.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%