Recipe Without Eggs And Wheat, Slef, And All Purpose Flour

Baking By garmanwd Updated 5 Nov 2009 , 3:07am by luv2bak4myboys

garmanwd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
garmanwd Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 2:11am
post #1 of 8

Have a friend who has alergies to eggs, wheat, self rising and all purpose flour and he is begging me to find him a cake he can eat and that taste good. Help I have no idea how to find this.

7 replies
Beckup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckup Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 2:30am
post #2 of 8

Your friend has as many allergies as my mom and I'm still looking for yummy recipes for her too! Sorry I couldn't help!

luv2bak4myboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bak4myboys Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 2:46am
post #3 of 8

My son has a soy and dairy allergy, so I've been down this road for birthdays and such. I have a cookbook called Sophie Safe Cooking that I ordered online that omits the 8 main allergens or explains how to substitute for them. It suggests rice and oat flour as well as some others. HTH

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 2:48am
post #4 of 8

Try looking in a Whole Foods or other alternative/organic food store. They have cake mixes there that are gluten free (made with rice or almond flour). Also, anyone who is allergic to wheat would therefor be allergic to any wheat flour (AP and self-rising flour are both Wheat flours).

Basically, you need rice or almond flour in place of wheat flour and an egg substitute. 1/4 cup silken tofu = 1 egg is a common substitution.

Now, if he's also allergic to nuts and soy...he might just not be able to eat cake.

luv2bak4myboys Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 2:52am
post #5 of 8

Why wouldn't he be able to eat cake if he's allergic to soy???

dstbni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 2:52am
post #6 of 8

Have you looked at the Babycakes Bakery Cookbook? Their recipes are very good for people with allergies to many common cake ingredients.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 2:54am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bak4myboys

Because he's allergic to eggs. AFAIK, all egg substitutes are soy based.

luv2bak4myboys Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 3:07am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bak4myboys

Because he's allergic to eggs. AFAIK, all egg substitutes are soy based.

That is true. My little man is also sensitive to egg yolks, but can tolerate whites...which is according to our allergist, abnormal. Even the 100% egg whites in the box contain soy. However, I make eggs free cakes all the time for my guy and they are delicious. It can be done. His birthday cake was a pumpkin cake and a chocolate cake.

You can also get a shortening at Whole Foods or order it onlline that is not made with a soy base. The name brand is Spectrum, but Whole Foods just started making their own brand for about $3 less.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%