Can I Use Coffecreamer To Make Ganache?

Baking By jennbrownrigg Updated 5 Nov 2009 , 1:00am by prterrell

jennbrownrigg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennbrownrigg Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 3:04pm
post #1 of 6

I'd like to make a hazlenut ganache and don't want to buy a bottle of booze solely for this purpose. Can I use the hazelnut flavoured coffee creamer instead of the cream to make a ganache?

5 replies
milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 3:16pm
post #2 of 6

I may be mistaken, but I am under the impression that it takes the fat content of the cream to make ganache. I am sure someone will post if this is incorrect.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 3:20pm
post #3 of 6

If your recipe calls for Frangelico, I think you could substitute hazelnut coffee syrup for that part.

Kerrym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kerrym Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 3:33pm
post #4 of 6

You could buy just a nip of the hazelnut liquor. That way you dont have to spend the $$ for a big bottle that will just sit in your cabinet. I learned that the hard way!!

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 3:53pm
post #5 of 6

A. No. You won't have "ganache" without real cream. Instead you will have a mess that upsets you.

B. Hazelnut flavoring (extract aisle), Hazelnut syrup, or the small bottle sold at the counter in liquor stores will suffice for flavoring. Actually, the nip-sized bottle of the Frangelico will be cheaper than any of the other options.

C. Good luck and Happy Caking!

icon_biggrin.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 1:00am
post #6 of 6

Coffee creamer? Ewww! gross! No way would that work! You'd have a big ole mess on your hands.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%