Is This Really "breaking News"?

Lounge By Cake_Mooma Updated 7 Nov 2009 , 12:32am by mkolmar

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 9:15pm
post #1 of 14

I have the "news flash feature" on my emails, so, I get on line to check my emails and I have a news flash. I click on it... and....get this....hang on to your seats...the news flash is....

Ivanka Trump forgets to wear her wedding ring on "The View"!

Really, I can't believe that this was some sort of breaking news flash, my whole day was going to change because Ivanka didn't wear her ring. She got married last week and she is already forgeting to wear her ring......OMG, are there problems in her marrage already?.....was there a prenup?.....omg, can she be pregant already and forgeting things?....Really? My world is going to end if I don't find out all these gripping details.....NOT!!!!

I think that whom ever it is that sends out these flashes must have been having a really slow news day because, if Ivanka forgetting her ring was news flash worthy than we have some serious problems in our sociaty. I have much bigger issues in my life to think about than this crap....really I and I am sure many other could care less about her and her ring issue. Really people send me real breaking news, not what little rich itches are up to and how silly they are in life, (although I am a bigger fan of hers than that other bimbo, Paris Hilton. Ivanka seems a little more well adjusted in life that the other ones.) still her forgetfulness shouldn't be that of news worthy time.

Just wanted to vent my silly/wierd moment of the day. Thanks for listening. icon_rolleyes.gif

Vic

13 replies
Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 14

Who is Ivanka Tump?

Cake_Mooma Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

Who is Ivanka Tump?

Oh she is THE daughter of Donald Trump. Sorry I din't put such important information. lol

Vic

Mensch Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 14

Okay.... you had misspelled her last name. I still don't know who she is.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 10:04pm
post #5 of 14

You're not missing anything, Mensch.

Mensch Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 10:07pm
post #6 of 14

I kinda guessed that. That's why I'm not pursuing the matter.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 12:03am
post #7 of 14

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nononononononononono..........NO!

aaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Face down on the floor sobbing as though my heart would break...

Not -

the RING!

Cake_Mooma Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 2:30pm
post #8 of 14

YOu ladies are toooo funny!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Vic

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 5:33pm
post #9 of 14

What's this obsession with rings anyway?

Maybe I'm just odd because I don't get the big deal. I took my rings off to make school treats for Halloween last week, I'm grossed out at the thought of what might be lurking in the rings and I hate getting sugar all over them, and I still haven't bothered to put them back on. My husband has probably worn his ring for less than a month total since we got married 9 years ago, he's a mechanic and rings can be an issue so he never wears his to work and generally only bothers to put it on when we're going somewhere for a few days if he remembers.

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 6:24pm
post #10 of 14

mbelgard, I totally agree with you about marriage being too focused on rings. When I got married we decided not to use rings all together. I like the idea of the symbol or rings meaning an never ending circle to live happily ever after etc. but I think today it has lost its meaning (not to everyone, I am not saying it's wrong to wear rings). But for me who don't like jewelry it was the right choice not to buy rings at all. But most people I meet are so shocked by my empty hands...

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 8:38pm
post #11 of 14

Rings are a notice to others to 'back off, this one's taken.'
We don't need them, after so many years people can just glance at either of us and tell we're married.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 9:35pm
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

Rings are a notice to others to 'back off, this one's taken.'
We don't need them, after so many years people can just glance at either of us and tell we're married.

I had an aunt and uncle who were both Quaker ministers. Their religion prohibited wearing jewelry. Wearing a watch was ok because it was a functional item, not an "adornment".

Someone asked my uncle once, "How do people know if you're married or not?"

He told them, "Because you ACT like it!"

I stopped wearing my rings years ago for two reasons. (1) I got too fat to wear them and resizing them meant the fat had won and I wasn't ready to give in yet (2) I work in food. I'd spend more time taking them off than wearing them anyway.

But everyone knows I'm married. Even those who don't know me can tell I'm married.

A ring is a pretty jewel .... but it's not a do-all-end-all.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 9:50pm
post #13 of 14

Oh, I loves me diamonds!!! Sorry, women, I love rings. When I first got married (i.e., the first time, years ago) I said I didn't like diamonds because I couldn't afford them and I figured I might as well not like something I couldn't afford. Once I had some money, I acquired more of a fondness for them. : )

I am, however, astounded at some of the rocks I see on young brides. I always think, "Holy crap, how did you afford that when you're just starting out?!?" Oh, yeah, I forgot. You bought it on credit. Yet another bill you have starting out along with your student loans, the wedding you put on credit, the big new car you put on credit, and the big 3,000 square foot "starter home" you bought on credit. What, you're expecting a baby? Of course you are!!

Sorry, I'm sleep deprived today...I'm a little wacky.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 12:32am
post #14 of 14

HA! My DH swears when I go out that it's just obvious I'm married with kids. I have that tired mommy and exasperated wife look.
Oh yeah, totally rockin' those dark circles under my eyes.

Who cares if they aren't wearing there ring, that's not Earth shattering news.

I know people who look at the wedding ring as more of a challenge to get.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%