How Do I Make Fondant Ponsettia

Decorating By ceeceebee Updated 13 Nov 2009 , 12:23am by farmersdaughter4

ceeceebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceeceebee Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 1:25am
post #1 of 14

I would like to make fondant poinsettia. Does anyone know where I can find good, detailed instructions? I have taken the Wilton class and I am not fond of the royal icing poinsettia. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

13 replies
JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 1:33am
post #2 of 14

PM me, I might be able to help you.

Jen icon_smile.gif

jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 1:53am
post #3 of 14

Bump.... I would love to know too

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 3:21am
post #4 of 14

Go to the forum "How Do I?" In fact it is in the same fourm that you posted your question and there is a sitcky at the top of the list that is has hundreds of tutorials TONS OF FREE FLOWER TUTORIALS. They are arranged in alphabetical order and there are two for poinsettia's which are very good and they have several different sets of cutters on Global Sugar.

kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseynh Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 4:01am
post #5 of 14

I made a poinsettia wedding cake and used both tutorials mentioned in Peridot's post. http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1291905
I ordered the cutters and gumpaste from Global Sugar Art. I used the red and green mexican gumpaste by Marcela Sanchez and it was a dream to work with. You can roll it really, really thin and and it stays flexible longer than other gumpaste. The color was beautiful, I didn't have to add any color to it.
The instructions seem a little overwhelming at first but once you get your method down, they are pretty quick to make. PM me if you have any questions, I am no expert but I may be able to lend a hand!

Karen

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 4:14am
post #6 of 14

Check out the link on my signautue, I have compiled some flower tutorials--it includes what you are looking for.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 4:24am
post #7 of 14

Rylan, thanks again for that list! I don't know how many times I have used it. It is now a bookmark for me. I have so many that I want to learn in my "spare" time. Thanks!

Rylan Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 5:08am
post #8 of 14

No problem jlynnw. I'm just a second hand person because I actually didn't make the tutorials--just compiled them, hehe. I'm glad you got the chance to make use of them =]

jlynnw Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 2:05am
post #9 of 14

Rylan, just getting that list together took some doing. If we all knew where to find it all, we would not always have the topic of how to. I think maybe this weekend I might give a new flower a try!

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 3:19am
post #10 of 14

The poinsettia tutorials Ryan is referring are the same ones that I referred to in my post. They are found in the forum "How Do I" and the sticky TONS OF FREE FLOWER TUTORIALS!!! Easy to find for future reference.

jlynnw Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 4:57am
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot

The poinsettia tutorials Ryan is referring are the same ones that I referred to in my post. They are found in the forum "How Do I" and the sticky TONS OF FREE FLOWER TUTORIALS!!! Easy to find for future reference.

Thank you as well. I appreciate all the FREE tutorials this site has and links to other site as well. A wealth of knowledge here. Thanks to all!

ceeceebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceeceebee Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 2:21am
post #12 of 14

Thanks for the advice! BTW, help a old lady out here. What does "PM" mean? I am new to this and I see that someone put for me to "PM" them for help. I would love too if I just knew how to do that. icon_smile.gif

Rylan Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 2:48am
post #13 of 14

PM means private message =].

farmersdaughter4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farmersdaughter4 Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 12:23am
post #14 of 14

ceeceebee.....as stated, PM means to send that person a private message. If you look below the post you will see a small box with the initials PM....just click on that box and another screen will appear. Just type in your "Subject" and then the body of your message in the larger box. Hope this helps. Good luck...everyone has to learn new things. Also, when you see initials/characters like PM or maybe BC...just click on these with your mouse and the meaning of the initials shows. A lot of posters abbreviate their words or meaning, so it's good to know how to determine what they are talking about.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%