Small Order And Pick Up Bakery Business

Business By cavette Updated 4 Nov 2009 , 6:53am by CakeDiva73

cavette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cavette Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 11:20pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone! So I've been doing cake for about year and half> I really enjoy baking all together and I love learning new cake decorationg tips! I live in a kinda small town and we have a Wal-mart and a HEB(grocery store). A good friend's boss is renting space for $300.00 a month and it is a great little place to open up a small order and pick up bakery! I would have to bake there as well! I was wondering what kind of stove would i have to get to do a small business! I have the city inspector coming to look at the space to see if we could do it! i have alot of people that love my cakes and being in a small town that one has one bakery that people are always complaining about, I believe that this is a great idea! I really have a passion for this and I believe I have the talent( I still have a things that need to be better,but I will get there) If you could share any tips or advice with me that would be great! Would I have to have a large commercial oven and sink? Thank you very much

3 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 12:36am
post #2 of 4

I think some of the questions you asked about requirements would vary from county to county. I believe there is a thread at the top of the business category that has a link to all the states with info about licensing, etc.

Is there any equipment there? You asked if you needed to buy a large commercial oven so I am wondering what you will cook out of if you don't. For instance, is there a regular one there and you are wondering if you need a larger one for code? Also, I think most counties require the triple sink, etc for a kitchen.

Once you figure out what you need to purchase, craigs list is a good resource for getting used restaurant and baking equipment. They are forever having auctions around here.

cavette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cavette Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 5:04am
post #3 of 4

Thanks! The inspector came by and look at the space he said it's could work! I hope so, guess I'll wait and see! if it's meant for me God will bless me with it!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 6:53am
post #4 of 4

So glad to hear it!! Congratulations icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%