My Airbrush, It's A Love Thing!

Decorating By HowCoolGomo1 Updated 2 Nov 2009 , 9:05pm by Rylan

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 8:43pm
post #1 of 4

I had to mess with since I promised Texas Rose I would bring it to her house, when I get remedial training for the 5 petal rose. I hadn't touched it since my basic airbrush class 3 weeks ago.

I love the idea I can layer my colors and then dust as well.

I can't wait to figure out the adjustable needle on my brush. Theoretically, I will never have to color G P again. Whoo Hooo!

3 replies
PinkLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLisa Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 4

Which brand do you have?

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 4

I bought it from Airbrush City. It's a GD102.

I bought a package so I ended up with a 2nd airbrush that has jars and is not gravity fed.

My 102 has an adjustable needle. The 101 is the same thing but does finer work.

Mine has a huge cup so you definitely need to buy Vodka to help clean it between colors. The airbrush cleaner will cost you a fortune. I use the cleaner for the last clean.

What I like specifically is my compressor. It's adjustable, so I can actually use it for tires that the big garage compressor won't handle because the pressure is to low. It's adjustable, obviously. I just set the compressor at 20 psi and make sure I don't have kinks in the hose. It also doesn't run constantly. That noise just makes me nuts.

The only thing I want to change for cake decorating is the hose. I bought braided and now I wish I had rubber or nylon, easier cleanup for buttercream work.

HTH

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 4

Sounds great! Hope you have lots of beautiful creations using it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%