Pricelists

Decorating By Nay9701 Updated 1 Nov 2009 , 1:42pm by cylstrial

Nay9701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nay9701 Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 12:45am
post #1 of 4

Hello Everyone...

I'm just an at-home baker and haven't been very consistent in my pricing for cakes - how do you all manage your cake pricing? If anyone has a sample pricelist - I would love to see it. My local supplier says that I'm to cheep icon_smile.gif so I though by fixing a pricelist - it would help me stay consistent when pricing and help keep my fellow decorators pricing compatible.

Thanks!

3 replies
Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 12:58am
post #2 of 4

Try CakeBoss....it's awesome! Its pricing software for home bakers. CC members get a 10% discount icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 1:41am
post #3 of 4

Mine is flat pricing so it's easy for me. Number of servings as per the wilton wedding chart times my per-serving price = cost of cake. Boom. I'm done.

If you charge for different decorating styles (basketweave, per flower, etc), then it's easy to just make a simple list of what you charge for each embelishment and add it all up. You probably have a base price for a "regular" cake, then all you have to do is add whatever it is you might charge extra for. (I have a FEW things I charge extra for, but not many.)

Unless you're totally pulling numbers out of the air, you should have a general idea of what a cake will price out to unless it's one you've never ever done or even thought about doing. Tweaking the final price, using your list of costs/prices will make it easier for you than pricing each one from scratch.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 1:42pm
post #4 of 4

Have you checked other local custom bakeries to see what they charge?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%