Your Opinion On Wedding Favors....

Lounge By indydebi Updated 4 Nov 2009 , 8:47pm by tx_cupcake

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 11:29am
post #31 of 33

We just had a nice choolate for everyone - 100 for $30. Lots of people still left theirs, and one of our teenaged guests collected all the leftovers. He must have had a sugar high the next day.

The most fun I ever saw people have with favours was at a wedding where the groom was a mechanic, and all the male guests got little wind-up cars. Cars scooting across tables, along floors etc. It was fun, but a fairly informal reception, obviously.

At a wedding recently, favours were beer coolers in the colours of the wedding. Very usable or re-gift-able, I thought.

JillK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillK Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 4:09pm
post #32 of 33

Ooh, I love the wind-up cars.

DH and I are both avid readers, as were many of our guests, so we did bookmarks. I had a number of people remark that they'd never seen such an apt favor. icon_razz.gif And since DH is addicted to starlight mints, we did a little mesh bag of them at every setting.

I think something edible is generally the way to go. I have a bunch of little ceramic thingies at home that just collect dust ... but I don't feel like I can get rid of because it's from so-and-so's wedding ...

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 8:47pm
post #33 of 33

I agree with having edible favors because most inedible ones are lame and go into the trash.

I don't know if you can call what I had at my wedding "favors", but I made our programs into fans (outdoor wedding in June) using some cardstock and paint stirrers from Home Depot. They got A LOT of use, let me tell ya! So, I guess if a couple is going to have inedible favors, they should at least serve a purpose.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%