is called to order.

Who's up?

Whatcha workin' on?

Happy All Hallows Eve!

31 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:35am
post #2 of 32

Cooking up some SMBC for a black and red goth wedding cake tomorrow. Nice quiet weekend ahead!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:35am
post #3 of 32

I have already delivered my one wedding cake for this weekend. I'm still making lots and lots of Louisville Cookies, however. I've already banged out close to 30 dozen in the last week. Got more to do!!

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:36am
post #4 of 32

Hi leah,
How are you tonight, I just finished a cake for a cousin and will decorate in the morning.

leah_s Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:36am
post #5 of 32

Oh, Lurv, I've always wanted a client who would let me do a Goth or full-on Halloween wedding cake. Alas, no one yet . . .

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:37am
post #6 of 32

Leah - why did you remove your Avatar - that was a great pic.

pieceacake830 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceacake830 Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:45am
post #7 of 32

I already delivered a confirmation cake earlier today, so I am done for the weekend! Its kind of nice to have a break!

Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:48am
post #8 of 32

No Cake. Checking my email and checking in. It's been a loooooong week.

leah_s Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:54am
post #9 of 32

Peridot,

Weeellll . . . funny you ask. Someone on here said I looked like a "Cake Nazi" in that pose. Sort of like the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld. I don't like any form of Nazi, even a supposedly friendly one if there is such a thing. So, I took the avatar down.

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:02am
post #10 of 32

I'm here but done already - yea!

Simple Halloween cake for tomorrow. I tried to make a ghost topper by stacking 3 wimpy cupcakes, inserting a lollipop for a head & covering with fondant. I think my pop is too small b/c he looks like a pinhead ghost!

Had a cake due during the week for a Dr.'s office of about 9 people. They order a 9" round for themselves about every month - they love their cake (and I love the business!).

Have a 10" square birthday cake due Sunday. Have all the fondant pieces made, just waiting to assemble Sunday morning.

I am dying to make a Nightmare Before Christmas wedding cake!

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:03am
post #11 of 32

Finished one cake, got one in progress, putting together a catering job, and one birthday cake left to ice and decorate. Then lots of baking to freeze for next weekend.

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:08am
post #12 of 32

You can't please everyone and I thought it was great. They were just jealous! People and their opinions - sometimes they should just keep their "mouths" shut! Then you need to put a new one on and just fold/cross one of your arms!!!!

leah_s Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:12am
post #13 of 32

Sounds like everyone's got a light week! No all nighters? I know my wedding season is winding down. Only have 9 more till the end of the year.

leah_s Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:13am
post #14 of 32

Sounds like everyone's got a light week! No all nighters? I know my wedding season is winding down. Only have 9 more till the end of the year.

hilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hilly Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:16am
post #15 of 32

I'm doing a nightmare before christmas wedding cake for tomorrow. Just waiting for my cakes to chill a bit before I put the fondant on... Probably my biggest cake yet so wish me luck icon_smile.gif

leah_s Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:20am
post #16 of 32

hilly -

LUCK!!

leah_s Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:22am
post #17 of 32

Are you all getting error messages when you post?

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:23am
post #18 of 32

Oooohhhh....cool!
Please post a picture here so I will get a notification. Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilly

I'm doing a nightmare before christmas wedding cake for tomorrow. Just waiting for my cakes to chill a bit before I put the fondant on... Probably my biggest cake yet so wish me luck icon_smile.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:23am
post #19 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Oh, Lurv, I've always wanted a client who would let me do a Goth or full-on Halloween wedding cake. Alas, no one yet . . .

Originally it was going to be Corpse Bride, but they couldn't spring for the topper. So now, it's just bright red with black scrolls and stripes. Will be bright and dark at the same time!

NYCGiGi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NYCGiGi Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:26am
post #20 of 32

Hi all!

I just finished baking a new white chocolate cake I wanted to try...we'll see if it will be my new go-to recipe. icon_smile.gif

Also made some buds for calla lilies...not sure what I'm going to do with this cake, but it will get some practice in. icon_smile.gif

I need to lay off the icon_smile.gif's. icon_smile.gif

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:26am
post #21 of 32

Evening all,

Got my cake out of the way via a cake class that I taught today. Candy Corn Barrel Cake for a party we are working tomorrow night. I have fudge to make tomorrow morning for my own wedding favors but other than that I have the event to work so only that one cake this weekend. Lots of cupcakes for next weekend for the wedding rehearsal dinner on next Friday night but no cakes next week either due to last minute details for my own wedding.

Hope everyone has a GREAT Halloween!

Cat

hilly Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:27am
post #22 of 32

Most definitely Korensmommy icon_smile.gif

Lurvely, it sounds like it will be stunning! Especially after looking at the cakes in your gallery, they're all just beautiful!

NYCGiGi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NYCGiGi Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:27am
post #23 of 32

Also, if anybody has some time, please help me out with a question I posted earlier tonight....pretty please???

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6608324-.html#6608324

Barb1959 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barb1959 Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:27am
post #24 of 32

Just got home from the movies - Couples Retreat. Funny movie. Also went to dinner first at a really good All you can eat chinese buffet.

Brought pumpkin cakeballs into my chiropractor's office the other day and now have orders for over 9 dozen. Yippee. My think right now is cake balls. I love making them and they are easy and quick.

Thanks to the CC gal who posted her pumpkin cake ball. Everyoneloves them.

hilly Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:28am
post #25 of 32

Oh and thanks for the luck leah_s!!!

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:43am
post #26 of 32

Just finished baking two 1/4 sheet cakes to stack for the Phantom cast party cake I started working on last week. The masks I made last week broke, so I had to start from scratch on Monday, It could be because I didn't let them harden enough before removing from the plastic mask I used as a mold. Or, it could be that the curves on the mask were too "sharp", so the fondant got really wedged in there.

Regardless, I started over, making a template to cut around and then using big plastic jugs (the kind that jumbo sized snack mixes come in) to dry them on to give them a nice curve side to side and for the forehead.

After leaving them three days to dry, I turned them over yesterday for the backs to dry. Today, I experimented with painting and luster dusting them. Tomorrow I will stack and ice the cakes, and on Sunday, before the last performance of the show (American version of Phantom of the Opera, called Phantom), I will put the mask on the cake and write the quote, "For the music alone, it was worth all the pain". I am waiting to write the quote, because I don't want the red icing letting to bleed.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:57am
post #27 of 32

Redpanda,

Sounds like the quote fits your journey with the masks! Can't wait to see the final cake...sounds amazing!

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 4:25am
post #28 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlharper

Redpanda,

Sounds like the quote fits your journey with the masks! Can't wait to see the final cake...sounds amazing!

You're right about the quote! icon_lol.gif

I am terrible about remembering to bring my camera along when I set up a cake, so I try to take pictures of pieces that will be on the cake. That way, I at least have something to remember it by.

The mask that is worn by the Phantom in this play isn't the same as the one in the Andrew Lloyd Weber version. This one, the lead actor painted, so I had to try to sort of match that. (Without the real one to compare it to...)

I have attached a picture of one of the three versions I made. I will decide tomorrow which I will actually use. The ribbon is not actually attached, which is good, because I see it is uneven in the picture.
LL

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 4:51am
post #29 of 32

I just finished making the roses for tomorrow's cake. The callas were finished yesterday. I still have to assemble the sprays and cut the dowels, but that can be done early in the morning.

Good Night, All!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 6:02am
post #30 of 32

I have two birthday cakes, and one got screwed up and I had to rebake, ugh. icon_mad.gificon_cry.gif

I really want to go to bed.
maybe I will.... Happy Baking!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%