Looking For Tutorial-How To Cut A Cake Like A Square

Decorating By kjskid Updated 30 Oct 2009 , 12:41am by kjskid

kjskid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjskid Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 12:12am
post #1 of 5

I saw a tutorial or pictures or something of how to cut a circle cake not into wedges - more like cutting a square cake - into 1" x 2" pieces. I think it was Indydeb who had the instructions, but now all my searching is in vain. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

4 replies
Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 12:21am
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjskid

I saw a tutorial or pictures or something of how to cut a circle cake not into wedges - more like cutting a square cake - into 1" x 2" pieces. I think it was Indydeb who had the instructions, but now all my searching is in vain. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Do you mean cutting a round tier that way?

Just start on one side and move in an inch or so and make a cut all the way across the tier, then slice it into slices....the outside pieces won't be perfectly square....but you get extra icing! Move in another inch and repeat. If it's a big tier, only cut halfway across, then slice, then cut the rest of the way...helps prevent the slices from falling over.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 12:25am
post #3 of 5
kjskid Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 12:38am
post #4 of 5

Thank you! I'll bookmark it now...

kjskid Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 12:41am
post #5 of 5

Aha! That's where I saw it before. It was on the thread about the cake tool that looks like an Afro comb! No *wonder* I couldn't find it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%