Royal Icing And Fondant Question

Decorating By bakessweetmemories Updated 31 Oct 2009 , 2:35am by bakessweetmemories

bakessweetmemories Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakessweetmemories Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 5:22pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a Halloween cake for a class party tomorrow. I made some royal icing and fondant pieces that I have hardened to put on top of the cake. I am trying to get as much done as possible today. I want to finish decorating the cake and add these pieces to the cake before I put it in the fridge. Can I do this or is the condensation from the fridge going to damage these royal icing and fondant pieces? Thank you, in advance for any advise you can give me.

5 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 6

It really depends. I always refrigerate my cakes and never had any condensation problems. Does the cake have to put refrigerated?

chinadoll652003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chinadoll652003 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 5:37pm
post #3 of 6

The fondant seems to do alright in the fridge but I would be careful with the RI. If your using any black RI especially. For me the black ALWAYS runs when I put it in the fridge.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 6

You do not want to put the royal in the fridge.

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 11:23pm
post #5 of 6

No fridge for the royal icing.

bakessweetmemories Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakessweetmemories Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:35am
post #6 of 6

Thank you all for your suggestions. The cake has to be refridgerated so I've decided just put the fondant and royal icing elements of the cake (yes, the royal icing is black!) and just put it together on Halloween.

Again, thaks to everyone. I appreciate your advise!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%