Candy Corn Flavor

Baking By pamconn Updated 31 Oct 2009 , 2:38am by cylstrial

pamconn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamconn Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 7

Is there any way to get a candy corn flavor into sugar cookies?

6 replies
cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 7

I don't know about flavoring, but my MIL told me she made pumpkin shaped cookies and pressed pieces of cut-to-size candy corn in the eye spots. She reported it melted and came out very cool during the baking process.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 7

What if you melt some candy corn and throw it in the cookie batter and then bake them up?

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 9:20pm
post #4 of 7

According to a recipe I read for making homemade candy corn, it is actually flavored with vanilla.

Here's the link to the candy recipe: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2009/10/how-to-make-homemade-candy-corn-halloween-recipe.html?ref=se-bb2

Anywho, based on the recipe, I'd think it be possible to make candy-corn shaped sugar cookies iced with the homemade candy. YUM!

pamconn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamconn Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 3:07pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you for the ideas. I bought some candy corn flavored kisses and am wondering if I can melt them and add that to the dough? Or maybe use it to ice them with...

I would like to experiment with placing them on the cookie and then baking. My husband loves the carmel apple flavored ones and all Halloween stuff goes on sale soon so maybe I'll stock up on them.

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 5:13pm
post #6 of 7

My son was just telling me the other day that I need to make candy corn flavored icing, and I told him I had no idea how to do that. I'm thinking now I may try melting down those candy corn Kisses and using that idea.

Thanks guys!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:38am
post #7 of 7

Good luck! Let us know what happens with the candy corn!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%