Help!!! Asap! Choc. Icing Recipe That Will 'crust'

Baking By greeneyegirl Updated 5 Nov 2009 , 2:22am by 2SchnauzerLady

greeneyegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greeneyegirl Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a cake that is to be delivered in the morning and I have to use chocolate icing. I have tried the Wilton one that contains the m.powder and 3/4 cup cocoa, but I thought it tasted bad (just my opinion of course), I have also tried another choc. recipe that tastes fabulous but I can't get it to crust.

I need a sure fire recipe that not only tastes good, but will crust so I can smooth it with a paper towel.

Thanks in advance!!!!

4 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 1:38pm
post #2 of 5

I use Indydebi's recipe. To make it chocolate, I usually add one cup of cocoa powder and then put a little more milk than usual, or a couple of tablespoons of bourbon or amaretto. http://cakecentral.com/recipes/6992/indydebis-crisco-based-buttercream-icing

It crusts really well.

greeneyegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greeneyegirl Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 1:28am
post #3 of 5

Sorry for the delay in responding, but thanks sooo much!!!
I ended up using another recipe but this one looks great....I am definitely going to try it next time.

garmanwd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
garmanwd Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 2:01am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyegirl

I am making a cake that is to be delivered in the morning and I have to use chocolate icing. I have tried the Wilton one that contains the m.powder and 3/4 cup cocoa, but I thought it tasted bad (just my opinion of course), I have also tried another choc. recipe that tastes fabulous but I can't get it to crust.

I need a sure fire recipe that not only tastes good, but will crust so I can smooth it with a paper towel.

Thanks in advance!!!!

I know this is late but I found this reipe and used it the other day and it was awesome.....
1/2 cup of Crisco
1/2 cup of Butter (1 Stick)
3/4 cup of Cocoa ( I only used 3 table spoons)
1 tspn of Vanillia
4 cups of powdered sugar
3 Table spooons of milk (more if needed)

This was awesome crusted quick and easy to pipe and decorate my cake

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 2:22am
post #5 of 5

I found this one in the recipe section - Really chocolatey and crusts nicely. Everyone at work (my test tasting panel - LOL) loved it.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7293/crusting-chocolate-fudge-buttercream-icing

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%