Question On Colors

Decorating By ajmccray Updated 28 Oct 2009 , 6:19pm by ttehan4

ajmccray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajmccray Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 2

Ok, I have been asked to make a cake based on the plate below (I hope it attaches). So since this mom doesn't have legs, I thought it best to "frame" it so she doesn't look strange. My thoughts were to have the cake be pink, and the dress/umbrella colors as it is in the plate: brown and green dress, white umbrella with light blue, green, and purple dots. So, now to my question. I want to put the lady on a fondant circle but what color do I do the circle? Pink would be the obvious choice but if the cake is pink how will that look? Should I change the cake to white icing and do the pink disc? I guess I initially nixed that idea b/c of the umbrella but if the umbrella is against pink it would probably be ok. I don't know. Any help or advice would be great! I'm open to anything!! TIA!

Angela
LL

1 reply
ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 6:19pm
post #2 of 2

I think pink or white would be fine. The plate has two different shades of pink. If you want the circle to stand out against the cake why not do the cake in the light pink and the circle in the dark pink or other way around?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%