How Did You Come Up With Your Bakery Name?

Decorating By emlashlee Updated 28 Oct 2009 , 9:58pm by emlashlee

emlashlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emlashlee Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 8

I've come across so many interesting names for bakeries lately, I was just wondering if you had a good story of how you decided what to call your business. I love little tidbits like that. icon_smile.gif

7 replies
dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:37pm
post #2 of 8

my business name is "Shugee's". my mom would always call my little sister "shugee" as a nickname and *all* my friends would comment on how adorable the name was. soooo, that's how i came up with it : )

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:47pm
post #3 of 8

Not much of a story. As I was working on my cakes and giving them away people would say things like "you just HAVE to try one of Cat's Cakes" or "there is nothing around like Cat's Cakes!" so that ended up being the natural name for the business...people were already calling it that! LOL!

goddessa12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goddessa12 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 8

so i don't have a business yet, but i have a name in mind.... and i got it from a song that i love. It's about not letting other people determine your worth or what you can do and since i've had people constantly telling me I'm not good enough at this to make it a business-- that song reminds me that it only matters what I think.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 3:00pm
post #5 of 8

--I mean I still am thinking up names 'cause I've thought about it so much-- but finding "the one" was crazy hard for me.

So that's why I went with super generic and it begins with an 'a' so that's good alphabet wise. It's short, easy to remember, easy to type.

acme cakes

I like it being unassuming too.

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 8

I guess I was a little scientific about it....
hummm... crazy thought, and engineer goes about it scientifically? weird.

anyway, I wanted to do cakes and cookies, so I needed a name that would include both (e.g. pastries)

and I wanted something fun, funky, yet not to cute and maybe sorta elegant.... 'cause that's how I see my style.

at that time, my daughter was totally into the 'Fancy Nancy' books.
so, eureka, "Posh Pastries"

I did that right away, so that I would have a continual name recognition, (like Cat's Cakes above)

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 5:35pm
post #7 of 8

I don't remember the process I went through, but I do remember thinking I did not want the word "cakes" or "bakery" in it. I serve a bilingual market, so I wanted to make something that could be easily understood in both English and Spanish. I also have other ideas to expand beyond cakes/pastries, so that's how I came up with "Kreaciones Kity". A play on letters but includes "creation" in there.

I love it! And with my new logo it looks great!

emlashlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emlashlee Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 9:58pm
post #8 of 8

I love these stories. Isn't it great that each name totally fits the person and they're in love with it? How neat. I guess you are stuck with it forever, so you'd better like it! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%