Need Ideas For Scrapbooking Cake

Decorating By chanielisalevy Updated 16 Nov 2011 , 1:36am by RaHu

chanielisalevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanielisalevy Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 6

I need to make 2 cakes for my twins' birthday. One LLLLOOOOVVVEEESSS scrapbooking so I'm collecting ieas for her cake. I was thinking either an open book with both pages like a scrapbook with a couple of pictures and the lettering and trimming cut from fondant. I was thinking a pair of scissors also. Then I'm stuck. What do you think and do you have any tips, advice and/or ideas for me? Should I make it a closed book witht he materials scattered on top and around the scrapbook? Thanks for any ideas!

5 replies
lexi55033 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lexi55033 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 6

Here is a scrapbook cake that I made using the open book idea and sounds similar to what you were thinking. Feel free to use it for ideas if you'd like.

Angie
LL
LL

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 6

I think your ideas is cute. You could do the open book with some edible image photos of her when she was younger. And make it look like she just finished the page with scrapbook stuff laying on the board around the cake, like the sissors, glue, pieces of cut paper, etc. It will be so cute. maybe even dragees or edible sprinkles for accents like how the scrapbook stickers are sparkly.

RaHu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaHu Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 12:46am
post #4 of 6

How did you make the pieces of paper? Fondant?
I like the idea. I have to make an adult birthday cake for someone who like scrapbooking.

lexi55033 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lexi55033 Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 1:15am
post #5 of 6

I used edible images over thin white fondant for the scrapbook paper.

RaHu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaHu Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 1:36am
post #6 of 6

How do you make edible images?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%