Ohhh, That *plastic* Thing !!!!!

Lounge By Bluehue Updated 29 Oct 2009 , 3:23pm by Bluehue

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 6:13am
post #1 of 7

So on Saturday 17th of this Month, i deliver *the Red Cake* to the Restaurant - as planned.
Picture in my photo gallery so as you know what kind of stand i am talking about.

On Sunday the 18th, i go back to said Restaurant to collect the 2 tier perspex stand that the cake was ON.

After 5 minutes the staff are starting to look icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif and a glazed look is coming over their eyes.

Another 15 minutes passes and the icon_confused.gif looks are now turning to icon_sad.gif

Then one staff member pipes up and says -
Ohhh, its in the Office - and we cannot get it or you - because the Office is locked.

Thats fine - i say - i shall come back tomorrow and collect it.
After numerous phone calls and 4 visits - the stand is still *lost*

Fast forward to last night.

So again i jump in car - and drive to restuarant.
Only to be told that the Chef who put it *somewhere* is on holidays and as soon as he gets back - i will get it.
icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif - trying phoning him at home and asking him - icon_rolleyes.gif

So this morning i make ANOTHER phone call.
Nope, Chef has no clue.

I mention that PERHAPS the customer has taken it home
icon_mad.gif

No, no, no says Resturant, we would never let that happen
icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

So i say - IF i do not have it by 3pm today then you can put xxxx ammount of cash in my hot little hand - plus what it cost in shipping.

Phone just rings...

Hello Bluehue - its Jenny - we found that plasticyyyyyy thingyyy you wanted.

Pardon !!!- you mean the 2 tier perspex cake stand?

Yeah - Ohhh, that platic thing - guess what - the Customer thought it was included with the cake - and took it home - she said she has a plant standing on it........................how funny is that?

REALLY - well, you phone customer and tell her that I would like MY stand back TODAY....and sorry Jenny but i am not laughing.

Ok Bluehue, i will tell her -

Oh and Jenny, ensure you tell the customer that if there is ONE SCRATCH OR MARK on it then YOU people will have to reinburse me a new one.

NOW, HOW FUNNY IS THAT ...............................JENNY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

click - bluehue hangs up phone.

Yep, i always give away a 145.00 plus P&H cake stand with my cakes thumbs_up.gif

So it shall be interesting to see what state it is in - Gee, i hope there is ONE tiny tiny tiny little mark on it - icon_evil.gif

My week just keeps getting better - icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Bluehue

6 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 7:47am
post #2 of 7

Next time, charge a deposit for it! icon_biggrin.gif Glad you tracked it down, hope it's all right.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 11:10am
post #3 of 7

Yup. Charge a deposit equal to replacement cost (incl S&H) plus 10%. Customer receives back all but a nominal fee (i.e. the 10%) upon return of stand. For example if w/ S&H the stand was $175, then the deposit would be $192.50 and they would get back all but $17.50 w/ return of stand.

lthiele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lthiele Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 1:08pm
post #4 of 7

Ahhhhhhh to live in a world of such oblivian. Morons! The cake was really pretty though!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 1:25pm
post #5 of 7

Man oh man...This is why I stopped dealing with cake stands entirely. If they want one they can buy it themselves.

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 1:45pm
post #6 of 7

Be sure to let us know the outcome - was the cake stand in perfect condition?

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:23pm
post #7 of 7

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif - sorry - forgot to come back and tell the 2nd part of this story -

YOU WILL LOVE THIS - icon_rolleyes.gif

Wellllllllll i go up to restaurant - and there is my stand - ALL BLOODY WET AND DOTS OF BLACK STUFF ON IT.

What on earth is all that i asked?

Ummmm, probably from the ladies Pot Plant that she had sitting on it.....

Are you kidding me - SHE BOUGHT IT BACK LIKE THAT?????????????

And you didn't even bother to wipe it over ???????????

Good grief, what is wrong with people now a days.??????????????

Oh, do you want US to clean it???????

No, i don't want anyone to lift a finger and walk alllllllllllll the way into the kitchen and rinse it under a cold tap - god forbid anyone THINK to do that - let alone actually do it.

SNATCH - Blue picks it up and gives it a bloody good shake - flicks all the black stuff (pottiing mic) off it, flips her hair back behind her shoulders and with head held high i turn on my left heel and smartly walk out of said Resturant -

Get home - and whilst walking up hall way towrds DH I SHOUT -
DO YOU BELIEVE HOW DUMB ARSE SOME PEOPLE ARE THESE DAYS - DO YOU ACTUALLY KNOW HOW STOOOOOPID AND LAZY PEOPLE ARE - DO YOU - HUH - DO YOU - SPARE ME - JUST WHEN I THINK I HAVE SEEN EVERYTHING LIFE HAS TO SHOW ME - PUFFFFFF, SOMETHING ELSE MIND NUMBING APPEARS BEFORE MY VERY EYES.....

What was that darling?????

OH DON'T EVEN ASK - LETS NOT GO THERE - ITS TOOOOOOOOOOO MIND NUMBING - SPARE ME THE AGONY OF IT.
*mumnle mumble mumble*

So, with that i undo all the components - and give it a lovely warm soapy bath in the kitchen sink - rinse and dry - and put it away CLEAN.

POTTING MIX -
I ASK YOU - HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF ANYTHING SO SO SO
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHATS THE WORD.

BLOODY MIND NUMBING - THAT'S IT.

I swear, there are some people on this planet that are taking up dammmmm good oxygen that i might need when i am 85 - so i wish they would stop breathing and leave all that oxygen for us who will need it in years to come - tapedshut.giftapedshut.gif

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, gee i feel good now that i have that out of my system -

Ok peoples - lets get back to caking .............. roflmao.

Blue icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%